Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Bluetooth on Dell Precision 3520

DBLV
Beginner

I have a Dell Precision 3520 with an Intel 8265 module.  The Bluetooth shows as none in the system bios and does not show in the device manager.  System is running Win 10 Pro ver. 1909

I have updated to the latest version of bios and downloaded the latest Intel drivers for this module.

I have 3 other Precision 3520's all with the same module that work fine.

How do I turn this on or get the bios to recognize that it there?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello DBLV, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Are you having issues on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both? 

3. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

4. For the other Dell* systems you have, are the wireless modules pre-installed with your system or did you install them separately?  

5. Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started?  

In regards to the your question of how to get the BIOS to recognize the device, that is something you need to check with Dell* since they are the manufacturer of the system and BIOS. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello DBLV,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello DBLV,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. As we recommended, to get the BIOS to recognize the device, you should check with Dell* for further help on that.

If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos