Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Bluetooth stopped working on my 8260AC

KAbbo
Beginner

I have it installed in a desktop running Win10 Pro 64-bit. The latest Proset and Bluetooth drivers are installed - everything on the PC from OS to BIOS is the latest. The Wifi seems to work fine, but there is no Bluetooth device installed in the system according to the OS. There is no BT device listed in device manager, nor are there any unknown devices listed. The Bluetooth worked on this PC previously - I played music from the PC to the Bluetooth speakers on my entertainment system several times before. I went to do so again and discovered the lack of any Bluetooth device. The PC is a Dell and they couldn't figure it out - they sent me all new card/chassis/cable/antenna and it still doesn't show - they are useless and cannot fix the issue, so I came to the source, Intel, for the solution.

How do I get my Bluetooth back?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, LoneMoose. Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than glad to assist you.

I would like to know if you are able to see the Bluetooth feature in the Windows* Action Center? Furthermore, please access the BIOS of your system and double check if the Bluetooth is disabled. You can try restoring the BIOS settings back to default as well.

In addition, in the following link, you can find the latest Bluetooth drivers for your system. Please try installing them: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27867/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=86068 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27867/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=86068

Please be aware that the driver I am sharing with you is a generic driver from Intel® and some features of it might not be available for your machine, we always recommend verifying if there is any update with the manufacturer of the computer. Nevertheless, we can try to perform this troubleshooting step.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
KAbbo1
Beginner

I downloaded the drivers at the link you provided. Uninstalled the existing, rebooted, installed new. Same issue. It installed without error and shows as installed, but the device is not in Windows.

0 Kudos
KAbbo1
Beginner

There is no Bluetooth listed in the Action Center. I accessed the BIOS and there is no Bluetooth option, but the 8260 card shows in a PCI slot -- since the Bluetooth is on the chipset of the PCI NIC, only windows would see it, right - by way of the cable attaching the NIC to the motherboard (USB connection?)?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi kabboroo,

Can you please try launching the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tool and scan your system for updates and see if the Bluetooth shows pending? If it does, please install the drivers.

The app launches from the tray icon, right-click the tray icon and choose Check for new drivers.

All the best,

-Chris
0 Kudos
KAbbo1
Beginner

Already done. As I said, all drivers/Windows/apps are at the latest version

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kabboroo,

Can you please provide a screenshot of your Device Manager?

1. Go to Device Manager (Press the Windows* key and X key to find the option listed) then hit yes to the windows prompt for allow access.
-Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kabboroo,

In addition..have you installed any new software or hardware before this issue started to happen, meaning did you replace this wireless card on you PC?

-Chris
0 Kudos
KAbbo1
Beginner
0 Kudos
KAbbo1
Beginner

I don't use the BT regularly so I don't know exactly when it disappeared. The only installs have been updates from Dell, Microsoft, etc.

Dell sent a whole new card - the same issue.

I tried rolling back the BIOS to before I even bought the thing - no change.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kabboroo,

Please try the following actions:

Restart Bluetooth Support Service.

Press the Windows key + R, then type "services.msc". Once the Services window opens, locate Restart Bluetooth Support Service > right-click > Restart.

After so, right-click on it again, choose Properties, then ensure startup type is on Automatic.

Once done, please restart your computer and see if the Bluetooth works.

-Chris
0 Kudos
KAbbo1
Beginner

I set the Bluetooth SUpport Service to automatic and rebooted - no errors and still no BT available.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kabboroo,

Can you provide a the model of the motherboard, and indicate if this a native M.2 wifi card.

Do you recall any changes before the issue started such as hardware or software changes?

In addition please download the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* and use it to Create a log; Scan your system with "Everything" selected, click "Next", then "Save" the output to a file. After that you can attach the file to your thread using the Advanced editor options.

All the best,

-Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi kabboroo,

We haven't received any inputs from you, were you able to get your issue resolved? If no, can you provide the requested information so we can assist you?

-Chris
0 Kudos