Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Bluetooth working but with error needs additional installation

TRM
Beginner

I have the latest updater but on my bluetooth device it shows it is working but I can't connect due to an error says needs further installation. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and updating driver but to no avail. I'm using a B450 carbonmax gaming pro wifi motherboard. At a loss as what to do. Can you help?    

• Up to date
  • ProviderIntel Corporation
  • Version22.40.0.2
  • Date2/16/2021
  • Device Details
  • ManufacturerIntel Corporation
  • StatusError
  • Device IdUSB\VID_8087&PID_0025\6&b071d68&0&4
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello TRM,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Just to clarify, the adapter has never been changed and the issue; consequently, has been present since you purchase the MOBO correct?

If you are getting an error code 31 it means that the device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for it and based on that we would like to recommend the following:

Please complete a Clean installation of the latest Bluetooth driver from your Motherboard manufacturer by following the instructions in the links below:

Note: If the customized driver doesn’t fix the issue, please try with our latest generic driver.

Uninstall the driver (Device manager)

Note: If you are not able to see the Bluetooth section here proceed with the next step.

Uninstallation/ installation instructions

Note: Please proceed with a removal first to eliminate the driver from the Programs and Features section, and then complete the installation step with any of the two drivers provided if needed.

OEM driver (MSI)

Note: To find the driver follow this path: Driver tab > Windows10 64 > LAN Drivers > Bluetooth driver.

Generic driver (Intel)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
I had this same problem! I fixed it by doing a clean install of the latest Bluetooth and Wireless drivers. Look for the clean install instructions that I have provided in various recent posts.
...S
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello TRM,

We would like to know if you were able to complete a clean installation of the drivers.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello TRM,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
TRM
Beginner
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello TRM

Thank you for your response.

In order to check this behavior further and understand better your environment, could you please provide the following information?

1- Based on the motherboard's website for MSI* B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max WiFi we understand that the wireless card is Intel® Wireless-AC 9260. Is this correct? And is this the original wireless card that came originally with the motherboard? (Or is it a replacement?)

2- Did the Bluetooth work fine before at any time? Or is the issue happening since the very first day that you have the system?

3- If this worked fine before, do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

4- Could you please provide a screenshot where you see the error message "needs further installation"?

Do you see any other error code or error message under (1) Windows® Device Manager >> Bluetooth section expanded; (2) Windows® Device Manager >> Network adapters expanded, or (3) in the Windows® Notifications Area?

Feel free to provide additional screenshots. 

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
TRM
Beginner

Andrew I'm Not comfortable exposing information openly but here it is and this has been like this from purchase.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You attach a picture showing the Intel BT driver not loading successfully yet the system report shows that the Intel BT driver is not installed! Are these attachments from different points in time?

...S

0 Kudos
TRM
Beginner
0 Kudos
TRM
Beginner
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello TRM,

Just to clarify, the adapter has never been changed and the issue; consequently, has been present since you purchase the MOBO correct?

If you are getting an error code 31 it means that the device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for it and based on that we would like to recommend the following:

Please complete a Clean installation of the latest Bluetooth driver from your Motherboard manufacturer by following the instructions in the links below:

Note: If the customized driver doesn’t fix the issue, please try with our latest generic driver.

Uninstall the driver (Device manager)

Note: If you are not able to see the Bluetooth section here proceed with the next step.

Uninstallation/ installation instructions

Note: Please proceed with a removal first to eliminate the driver from the Programs and Features section, and then complete the installation step with any of the two drivers provided if needed.

OEM driver (MSI)

Note: To find the driver follow this path: Driver tab > Windows10 64 > LAN Drivers > Bluetooth driver.

Generic driver (Intel)

Regards,

Victor G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
TRM
Beginner

Ok finally got it to work. I went to the manufacturer website as prescribed I followed all your steps and the driver at their site didn't work so I repeated the same steps except this time I used the driver provided from Intel and it worked. Thank you problem is solved and I hope You have a great day.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello TRM,

We are glad to know that you were able to fix it. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, you are more than welcome to submit a new question, just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos