Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Bug report: ac-7265's bluetooth cannot pop up the hint dialog to receive a file.

rroge2
Beginner

Win 7 32bit, dell E5450, ac-7265's bluetooth with the newest intel or dell driver, when other machine sends a file, it cannot pop up the hint dialog to receive the file.

If I install a clean win7 and then ac-7265's bluetooth driver, receiving and sending do work, but after install some other normal softwares and reboot several times, the receiveing is not available.

After reboot, the first sending from other machine o 7265's bluetooth always keeps failing, it seems that the first time just asks 7265's OS to launch some processes needed by bluetooth.

And the bluetooth icon of right-click menu disappears forever after I uninstall the driver and reinstall it, it means I cannot send files with right-click menu.

I just need sending and receiving files - very basic features of bluetooth, please fixed these bugs ASAP.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Employee

allweb,

If the wireless adapter is the one installed by factory, Intel recommends to always obtain the latest drivers from the computer manufacturer as they are the right ones that match the requirements of your system. In this link, you can find the contact information of your computer manufacturer, in the case, Dell* for additional assistance and information: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Website

Now, in order for us to assist you further and understand better the nature of the issue, could you tell us what type of files you are trying to transfer?

We understand that after a clean install of Windows* 7, it works like a charm with no issue and then when you install normal software and reboot several times the file receiving then becomes unavailable, right ? What exactly do you mean? Could you provide more details?

When it fails, as you've mentioned, what exactly is the error message that shows?

Addtionally, we would like to inform you that not all files are supported when using Bluetooth* technology.

Here are some hints that might help you resolve this issue:

1. Make sure you Bluetooth* is turned on.

2. Make sure that the destination and the source are paired up.

3. Make sure you made your Bluetooth* device visible to other devices.

4. Make sure to check the box which allows other users to connect to your device.

5. Authenticate other users using the key to be typed in both devices.

6. Check your antivirus and firewall security settings as it may impact as well.

Please, check these steps and then report back to us.
0 Kudos
rroge2
Beginner

Hi,

1. I tested sending and receiving with normal *.txt files.

2. When it fails, the dialog of "Sending file..." stays for a long time, and the machine with ac-7265 did not respond at all (it should pop up a dialog to ask me to receive it.). The fail is same as this post: "Wireless-N 7260's bluetooth won't receive files, but can send them", and I deactivated "Btmshellex", but no use.

And I did a test in Bluetooth Settings >> Open receive window. Sending a file firstly, the receive window shows a new item to notice there is an incoming file (the file name is just the one I sent), but confirm dialog did not pop up. So I guess the ac-7265's driver has received the info of the incoming file, but did not pop up the confirm dialog successfully. After a while (at least 30 seconds), the receive window shows a new item to notice receive fail.

BTW, I do not need the confirm dialog, I hope the file was received at once because I send files often. Confirmation will only waste time. I used IVT' BT and Broadcom's BT, they all have no confirmation. Maybe you can add an option about confirm with the default value "false". Or skip the confirm to receive files directly, I think this is best.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

allweb,

Did you try the drivers from your computer manufacturer?

What about checking the antivirus and firewall security settings?

If after trying the drivers provided by your computer manufacturer you notice the issue still persists, you are welcome to try a clean installation of our generic drivers. For your convenience here is the link to it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25838/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-?product=83635 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7*

A clean uninstallation is always a good alternative as it removes all drivers and files that may be cause the issue and then you can download the drivers above. Another important recommendation is to have the BIOS updated as some Bluetooth*-related issues may be related to BIOS update.

Please, let us know as soon as you can if this helped you resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
rroge2
Beginner

Hi,

1. I tried dell's lastest driver and intel's 18.16.1 and 17.1.1406.01, the fail is same.

2. antivirus software not installed, windows firewall closed and no other firewalls.

3. the BIOS version is the latest.

To solve the problem, I installed win 7 three times, and one time I uninstalled softwares one by one until it is almost a clean Win7, but the fail remains. I feel the key point is the confirm dialog did not pop up successfully (the way to call rundll32 to pop up the dialog may be unreliable).

Now I send files to ac-7265 with Bluetooth File Transfer, that is:

Click the E5450 device icon in the source machine, click Bluetooth file transfer, then paste files in the folder, files can be sent successfully because this way does not need ac-7265 to pop up the confirm dialog. I hope the file can be sent with right-click menu (it is most convenient) but the way needs the confirm dialog.

If the bug cannot be fixed at once, I think skipping the confirmation is a solution.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

allweb,

Thank you for the detailed information. We will engage another level of support to check this for you. In the mean time, before we do that, we need you to collect some information such as logs and send to us so we take this data to another level. Please utilize this tool to collect the informantion requested: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility
0 Kudos
rroge2
Beginner

Hi,

The attachment is the SSU data and I sent the password to you within a message.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Allweb,

Thank you for the info. I seem to fail finding your message with passaword. If possible for you, please send it via private message to us. just run the mouse of my handle and wait a second until a dialog box pops up where you will see the option to send us a private message.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

allweb,

As we have informed previously, we could not locate the password and had request for you to send us via private message. So far, we have no registration of this information. Do you still want us to continue working on this situation with you? Please let us know as soon as you can.
0 Kudos
rroge2
Beginner

Hi,

I just sent the password as you said at the third time.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

allweb,

We do apologize for any inconvenience regarding the password sending. We are sending you private mesage so you can reply back as we could not identify it in our private inbox. Please be so kind and check your private message inbox.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

allweb,

For unknown reasons we are not seeing your private message with the password. Could you check if you are getting our messages? We sent you one yesterday and another one just a few minutes ago as of this note.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

allweb,

Regrettably, there is no registration of any priavte message from you indicating the information requested. We would like to know if it is OK with you if we send you a regular email in order to see if we can get the password requested in order to access the file. Please let us know at your earliest conveniece so we can send you an email.
0 Kudos
rroge2
Beginner

Hi,

I received your message and relpied the password.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

allweb,

Thank you for the confirmation. We confirm that the password worked. We are going analyze it and will get back to you soon.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

allweb,

Based on the information provided, we understand that an additional software or dirver may be causing the issue. If possible, identify it uninstall it and then test your connection. If there is any other Bluetooth*-based peripherals installed, pleas uninstall them temporarely for troubleshooting porpuses and to send and receive files.

The logs provided is not showing the Bluetooth* device installed. Please go to Device Manager >> Bluetooth Radios, then get the full name of the adapter shown there, as well a the driver version and let us know here.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

allweb,

It's been a while since we last communicated so we would like to know if you still need our support. Please let us know at your earliest convenience.

regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos