Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

Can I update Proset drivers and add components without running an uninstall?

JMcAl
Beginner

Right now I have the proset driver only installed on my company's laptops. I want to update to the latest version and during the install add the wireless tools and connection utility. The problem I am having is the installer looks like it will only allow me to upgrade the installed component only, which is the driver, not add the other tools. I'm trying to avoid having to uninstall the existing package and then run the install.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Jimmac24,

You can install an updated version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® when you upgrade your Wireless driver.

You can find the most recent software by entering the model of your Intel® Wireless Adapter in the search box from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Drivers & Software.

Make sure you download the version that includes SOFTWARE and DRIVERS according to your adapter and OS combination. During the installation, you can customize the process and install any additional software components of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software.

0 Kudos