Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Can Intel AC 9260 Bluetooth work with 4 concurrent PlayStation DualShock 4 controllers?

thiagoricciardi

I have an Intel Wireless AC 9260 adapter installed in my laptop.

This Wireless adapter's specs indicates that it's compliant with Bluetooth EDR, so it should be compatible to PlayStation's DualShock 4 controllers.

It worked greatly with one, two and even three controllers at the same time, but just a few seconds after I added the fourth, all of them disconnects.

Broadcom Bluetooth-only adapters do not show this behavior (tested with BCM2045 - 2.1EDR, and BCM20702 - 4.0EDR, did not tested with other models yet).

My question is:

This is by design or it's a bug?

0 Kudos
30 Replies
filament
Novice

Any news? Someone out there, who tested the DS4 or Dualsense with the AX210?

For security reasons and future compability I don't wanna use such an old driver 'forever'!

I would appreciate an official statement from Intel.

Thiagoellis
Beginner

Hi, I'm following the topic a little while ago. Could you let me know if this really was the definitive solution? The latest driver version, V22.60.0 from the Intel website didn't fix it?

0 Kudos
filament
Novice

Hi Thiagoellis,

I've corresponded with Intel Support for the past two months. Unfortunately, the support obviously didn't listen to me properly and kept suggesting the same solutions to me. Uninstall everything, install the latest driver, try another WLAN card ... blah blah blah. Of course, I had tried everything before opening a ticket. Well, I did all the required steps again. Of course it didn't work. Instead, the ticket was simply closed, with reference to the fact that it was a problem with the manufacturer of the gamepads. It's just strange that I also have problems with other Bluetooth devices from other manufacturers. Conclusion: You can forget about Intel support. In the end there are only two options left. Use the old still working driver until the incompatibility is reached or start a pedition so that Intel will finally move its ass.

0 Kudos
Thiagoellis
Beginner

I bought an Intel AX200NGW for my laptop today. My current card is very mediocre with Wifi 5G, a Qualcomm QCA61x4A, so I want to upgrade both wifi and bluetooth. I will also use dualshock like everyone else here, I was worried that I can't dualshock because of this issue. My current card supports up to 2 dualshock without problems, more than that the connection of one of them drops. I read here users with this same card who used 4 controls without problems, I hope that's my case. I will be able to run tests and give reports when I receive the card.

0 Kudos
teeedubb
Novice

Intel dont seem to care... Its been many months and no official response from intel in this thread.

Its frustrating because through this thread the issue has been narrowed down to to the intel 9260 driver on windows. Other cards dont have this issue and the problem doesnt exist when using ubunutu.

Everyone in this thread should post tickets to raise the issue through intel.

D1Vad
Novice
I have confirm the issue is on both 9260 and AX200 chips. They both use the exact same driver.
0 Kudos
Thiagoellis
Beginner

But the latest version of the driver is for AX210, AX201, AX200, 9560, 9462, 9461, 9260, 8260, 18260, 8265 and 18265 cards, on all these cards does the problem happen?
Unfortunately I will only be able to do the tests when the order arrives, but I am already prepared to face the same problem.

0 Kudos
filament
Novice

I've started a petition. Feel free to sign it.

http://chng.it/kPHrnsZrDw

0 Kudos
filament
Novice

Hey fellow sufferers, looks like almost nobody is interested in my pedition. ;(
I update to Windows 11 yesterday. Still the same. I was hoping, but it didn't solved the problem.
Hopefully the old driver from 2019 will still be compatible until I buy a new computer in the next 5 to 8 years. ^^

0 Kudos
will6
New Contributor III

A year later, nothing was fixed.

Way to go intel.

The driver posted here doesnt work anymore with anything newer than AX200.

0 Kudos