Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Can't find Intel ProSet Wireless Program on my computer

shi
Beginner

I downloaded and installed Itel ProSet Wireless software and it shows in my list of programs but I can't find a way to run it. I have looked everywhere I can think to on my computer and it is nowhere to be found. It did not put an icon on my desktop or anywhere else either. I've looked in the Program Files and Program Files (x86) directories and there are intel subdirectories, but no program. Help! My wireless is completely fubard, and I can't seem to do anything to fix it!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello sigridsq,

Please let us know the following information:

- Computer make and model

- Wireless adapter model

- Wireless driver version

- Operating System

- Where did you obtain the driver from?

If you are using Windows* 10, you have to consider that some features have been removed. For example the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility is not installed with Windows* 10.

For further assistance, please elaborate on any issues you may have noticed, and we will be glad to help.

0 Kudos
Jlin117
Beginner

Hello, i had the same problem. i can find intel proset wireless softeware in the "uninstall programs" section, but i can't find it in the search bar.

- Computer make and model

ASUS gl551jw

- Wireless adapter model

intel ac 7260 dual band

- Wireless driver version

16.5.3.6(most used)

- Operating System

win 10 64

- Where did you obtain the driver from?

intel driver update ultilty

and intel website

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello plsfixac7260win10,

With Windows® 10, Intel® PROSet/Wireless does not add any application that can be run from the programs menu, since Windows® 10 natively handles connections.

Intel® PROSet/Wireless will add underlying software, and the latest driver with the interface to manage the advanced settings that you can access from Device Manager.

0 Kudos