Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Cannot use 802.11ax at AX200

Bfed
Beginner

I use Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz adapter on ASUS DUO PRO UX581GV notebook.

I cannot use 802.11ax on it - this protocol never shows up. 

I tried "netsh wlan show drivers" which showed the following:

Driver : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Vendor : Intel Corporation
Provider : Intel
Date : 10/20/2020
Version : 22.10.0.7
INF file : oem228.inf
Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver

Radio types supported : 802.11a 802.11ac

What is wrong? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Bfed, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them work with your specific platform.

According to the SSU report, the Intel® Wireless driver currently installed on your system is the latest one, version 22.10.0.7, so what we can try next is a clean installation of the Wireless driver provided by ASUS which is version V21.0.0.2990, please follow the instructions in the link below and once you get the chance let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ZenBook-Pro-Duo-UX581GV/HelpDesk_Download/

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Bfed, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Were you able to use the 802.11ax protocol before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs"

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Bfed
Beginner

>What is the model of the Router?

ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System (XT8)

>Is this a new computer? When did you purchase it?

No, I bought it a year ago.

>Were you able to use the 802.11ax protocol before? When did the issue start?

No. had no router supporting 802.11ax. Just bought this Asus WiFi 6 system and tried with enabled 802.11ax.

>Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

I tried to fix it by changing Advanced parameter in the adapter properties. Hopefully returned everything back.

Also today I tried USB WiFi Adapter 1200Mbps Techkey USB 3.0 WiFi 802.11 ac Wireless Network Adapter on this computer but plugged it off and used only the Intel adapter. The issue with 80211ax was before I plugged the Techkey adapter and stays after I plugged it off. 

>The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

It was inside the laptop Asus Duo Pro UX581GV, no internal changes were made.

>Which Windows* version are you using?

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Latest automatic update for me.

>Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Home

>Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs"

Attached. Tried to submit using SSU feature - the link is broken.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Bfed, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them work with your specific platform.

According to the SSU report, the Intel® Wireless driver currently installed on your system is the latest one, version 22.10.0.7, so what we can try next is a clean installation of the Wireless driver provided by ASUS which is version V21.0.0.2990, please follow the instructions in the link below and once you get the chance let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ZenBook-Pro-Duo-UX581GV/HelpDesk_Download/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Bfed
Beginner

Thank you for the instructions. I followed them, installed the latest driver from Asus site which was 22.0.0.6 and yes, I have 802.11ax (Wi-FI 6) as my wifi protocol now. 

My previous protocol was 802.11a . Somehow new 802.11ax didn't improve connection speed (432Mbs in another room from the router). So probably I will switch back to the latest Intel driver which shows 802.11a .

Thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Bfed, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that now you can use the 802.11ax protocol after installing the Wireless driver provided by ASUS.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos