I have a Asus U47A that has Centrino N2230 wireless adapter built in. It worked fine under Windows 8.1 but over the last several months, each time that I updated to Windows 10 my wifi keeps losing it's connection. I end up reverting back to Windows 8.1 and it works fine. I would like to get this problem solved so I can stay on Windows 10. Does someone have a solution to this problem. I have Intel driver version 184.108.40.206 dated 4/30/2015 installed for my wifi adapter.
On Windows®10, the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 is supported by Windows®10 own inbox driver. Our first recommendation is for you to contact your http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support in order to obtain the latest drivers and also check if they have any solution to this issue but in order to do that, you will need to be back on Windows®10 while checking with them since you reported that this issue does not occur on Windows®8.1.
As a second option, you can try the following:
1. Download and save https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25511/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-8-1- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1*. File name: Wireless_18.21.0_e164.exe - *Remember that these drivers are Windows®8.1 compliant.
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components as they improve WiDi functionality.
6. Install the Intel® Pro WiDi Software.