Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Compatibility Issue with ASUS routes

KR112
Beginner

Hi

I have 2 laptops equipped with 8265 cards. While I have no issue with Dell, I can’t make HP laptop work correctly with Asus routers. I tried RT-AX58U, RT-AX88U and ZenWiFi XT8. I have downloaded the newest driver 20.20.17, updated BIOS drivers and made sure I have a correct power management settings. It hasn’t helped - the negotiated connection speed keeps floating between 290 and 650 Mb/s even if the router is as close as 2 meters away. It obviously has an impact on the real speed and stability of connection to the Internet.  As mentioned before,  no problem with other device fitted with with 8265 card nor the third device with AX201. I also tried to force the 80 MHz channel width instead of Auto. It helped a bit with RT-AX88U but not with ZenWiFi.

Any suggestions are welcome.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello KR112

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Are you having issues with Wi-Fi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?

2- Is this behavior happening at home, office environment, or both?

3- When did it start to happen? Did it work fine before? Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Was there any Windows, Driver, Software or hardware change/update before the issue? Please provide details

4- Is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you install it on the laptop?

5- Have you checked if this issue happens testing only the laptop and the router? (no other wireless devices connected to the wireless network during this test).

6- Does the behavior occur when navigating the Internet and/or on the internal Wireless LAN (for instance, local file transfer)?

7- To have a baseline, could you please define what would be "optimum speed"? Please provide some screenshots showing speed tests from both systems HP and DELL™ laptops.

8- Also, have you checked that the proper settings are configured on both the laptop and the router to work on the same Wireless standard, for instance ac mode? For the wireless card, you can change the Advanced Wi-Fi adapter settings to "VHT mode or 802.11ac" following the steps on this link, section "802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode or HT Mode":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

Also, please generate an Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report for each one of the computers (HP*, Dell*, PC with AX201). Please name the reporst accordinly (e.g. Intel® SSU HP*) and attach the reports to this thread. Please follow these steps:

1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2- Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" dialog below the edit box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello KR112

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If yes, please kindly provide the information requested in our previous post so we can continue assisting you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello KR112

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. Since the same configuration (wireless adapter model, router, Operating System, driver) on another laptop (DELL*) works with no issues our last recommendation is to check this further with the manufacturer (HP*) of the other laptop experiencing this behavior.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos