Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Connecting to two wireless networks simultaneously on one computer using two Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 chipset PCI cards

SSout
Beginner

I am trying to connect to two wireless networks simultaneously on one computer using two Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 chipset PCI cards. Device manager shows that the driver for one card loads, but the second card returns a Code 31 error. ("This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.") Is there a way to resolve this issue, or do I need to purchase a card with chips from one of Intel's competitors so that I don't need to load two copies of the same driver. Environment is as follows:

HP Compaq Elite 8200 CMT

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64 bit)

Gigabyte WB-11ac dual band PCI card (Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 chipset), Bluetooth connected via motherboard USB port and operational

ASUS PCE-AC55BT dual band PCI card (Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 chipset), Bluetooth not connected to motherboard

Driver version 19.10.11.2

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello twocardproblem,

Thanks for posting in our communities.

Our software and drivers only support a single adapter installed on the same system. This is addressed in the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006057/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Wireless Adapters.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello twocardproblem,

Thanks for posting in our communities.

Our software and drivers only support a single adapter installed on the same system. This is addressed in the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006057/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Wireless Adapters.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos