Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

D54250WYKH - Bluetooth connection problem with the Wireless-AC 7260

RFeke
New Contributor I

I'm using an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth adapter and I have the latest bios and the latest drivers installed under Windows 8.1 64-bit, so everything is up to date.

The problem is with the bluetooth connection, because I have a bluetooth mouse and the pointer stops at random times for 5-10-20 seconds, so I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, but nothing helps and this is really annoying.

I completely disabled 2.4GHz on my router, but the bluetooth problem is still there, and I even tried to disable the power management settings on the adapter, but nothing changed, so I really need a solution.

With an usb bluetooth adapter the mouse is working great and it's working great with my other computer too, but I don't want to use an usb adapter with the NUC, this is why I ordered the Wireless-AC 7260 adapter.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the NUC community.

I understand you have some problems with Bluetooth adapter.

This type of problem was reported by other customers and I understand Intel engineering is working on this matter. I know they are going to release new drivers that might address this situation but I do not have an estimate for new drivers. I recommend keep checking download.intel.com for future drivers.

Allan.

0 Kudos
RFeke
New Contributor I

I have tried the newest Bluetooth driver (17.0.1405.02) and the problem is still there, so I can't use my bluetooth mouse with the NUC.

If there are people working on it to solve this issue and it was reported before, then how can it be, that the exact problem is still there since long months now?

This is only the second driver since december, so maybe we need to wait till december again to get this problem solved...

So it would be great if we could get some more information this time on the progress, because I don't want to plug an USB mouse into the NUC, because it's mounted and the mouse would hang in the air and I don't want to buy another thing just because the Wireless-AC 7260 adapter is not usable for what I have bought it.

0 Kudos
ALawr2
Beginner

i am having the same problem on Acer E1-570

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

So, I understand that the Bluetooth device stops communicating even if the wireless adapter is only connecting at 5 GHz. Is this correct?

0 Kudos
RFeke
New Contributor I

Yes, it happens even if I'm not connected to any wireless network, too.

I noticed that if I stop moving the mouse when the problem happens, then it takes less time to recover, but if I try to move the mouse pointer around, then I can clearly see that it moves a few millimeters after 5-6 seconds, so it looks like the problem is a huge lag.

The latest driver still has the exact same problem and there is no fix since the Wireless-AC 7260 adapter appeared on the market and no matter how many threads are opened because of this problem, nobody do anything about this to solve the issue.

There are many of these and there are ones that are older than a year and still no fix for this, just the ordinary "update BIOS and drivers" replies in every thread.

0 Kudos
JAnde23
New Contributor II

Yes, Slim_Jim, you are not alone.

I need to say that I haven't had any problems with my NUC and the Wireless-AC 7260 adapter.

Using W 8.1 and everything updated my NUC is only for standard office use.

Normally I use wired mouse and Ethernet.

Just for fun I gave a Logitec V470 Bluetooth Mouse a try and started WiFi (2.4 GHz):

After 20 minutes the mouse stopped responding for about 30 sec.

So, why not use a wired mouse and stop nagging Intel?

I think Intel have done what they can do.

0 Kudos
RFeke
New Contributor I

Just to be clear, if anything is not working as it should, then why should I or others stop nagging Intel? We paid for a fully working product.

Why we have to write here begging for the fix at all? It should be done already, because the problem is there for more than a year now.

I simply can't use a wired mouse, because as I said in the above posts, the NUC is mounted, I don't want any more cables and it would be difficult, so I don't want to buy an additional mouse just beacuse you think it's easier.

This whole thing is the problem, because in this world if anything is not working as it stated, then you will go and buy another thing.

Maybe I don't want to, because I already spent a large amount of money on building several of these NUC systems and I already bought some bluetooth mice to use with them, but this problem makes it nearly impossible to work normally on these, because of the above mentioned reasons, so maybe Intel should look into it and fix the problem once and for all.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please install the http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034060.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology before installing http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software.

You can try using the suggested compatible versions together.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034940.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Bluetooth Software Compatibility with WiFi Software Versions

0 Kudos
RFeke
New Contributor I

I tried every combination before and every time the same problem.

0 Kudos
RFeke
New Contributor I

So from now on nothing will happen at all, because someone says it's working by reinstalling the driver?

As allan_intel said in an above post, the problem was reported before and the Intel engineering is working on this matter, but that was almost half a year ago, so if the engineering team is working on this problem, then it cannot be solved by reinstalling the driver.

By the way I'm a software engineer, so I know what I'm doing and if I say that it's not working, then believe me and please try to skip these basic troubleshooting steps.

It would be great if we could get some more information on the progress, so could you please contact the engineering team and ask them about the progress?

0 Kudos
JAnde23
New Contributor II

Reinstalled software in the right order according to joe_intel and now my Logitec V470 Bluetooth Mouse is working properly.

Thanks to joe_intel.

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Are your Windows* operating system and BIOS up to date?

0 Kudos
RFeke
New Contributor I

As I said earlier in this thread, everything is up to date.

I always update the OS when new updates are released and I always install the new drivers and I always update the BIOS when anything new is available, because this is a really annoying problem and we are waiting for a fix.

So at this point, I'm wondering if anyone from the engineering team is working on this problem at all.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I suggest you opening a ticket with the wireless support team by using any of the options below.

US

Worldwide

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos