Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Diagnostic Tools For Intel AC 3160

PHSIE6
Beginner

Hi ,

I am trying to install the Intel DRTU/WiGig for my unit running Windows 7 to get access to the "test mode" software.

After installing the drivers and utilities and I click the "connect" button , the utility pops out a" Failed to get device properties" message. It does not find any local device and as you can see in the device manager the module is enabled.

What I am doing wrong? Please help to advice.

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello win0351,

We understand you're trying to perform tests on your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 but are having issues with the Intel® DRTU and WiGig software.

Since you're using Windows* 7, the WiFi Connection Utility included with your Intel® PROSet Wireless Software will allow you access to the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006634.html Intel® Wireless Troubleshooter. However, if you're looking for more developer oriented tools, we would like to have some more information.

1. What type of tests are you interested in performing?

2. Is your interest in the WiGig software because of the troubleshooting tools, or are you interested in wireless docking?

2. Is this adapter in a laptop, or are you installing it on a different device such as an IoT platform?

3. Which utility gives you this error message? (screenshots may be attached by switching to the "advanced editor" while replying).

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello win0351,

We have not heard back from you in a while. Has your question already been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos