Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Diagnostic Tools For Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

ChunHuat_Y_Intel
Employee

Is there any diagnostic tools or test software for customer to test on Intel

Wifi/Bluetooth Module(Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160)? If yes possible

attached guide instruction as well.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Patrick,

The availability of wireless diagnostics tools from Intel depend on the version of the Operating System and the driver version you are using.

In all Windows* versions, you can use the Troubleshooter from the Network and Sharing Center.

Depending on the type of issue, you may need to access Device Manager and review the Adapter properties and Advanced settings.

In Windows* 7, 8 and 8.1 you have the option to use the Diagnostics from Intel® PROSet Wireless/Software.

If you are facing any issue, please let us know the details of the system, along with the description of the problem and we will be glad to help.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
ChunHuat_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Jonathan,

I don't think your explanation is what customer looking for it.

Customer looking diagnostic tools or test software that Intel provide for testing example channels selections, power setting and etc..

Reason customer would like to perform some evaluation testing.

On other hand, maybe customer looking for DRTU(Diagnostics and Regulatory Testing Utility) tool.

Does DRTU tool support for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160? If no, any other OEM tool support for this product?

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
pthom5
Beginner

I see a page for Running DRTU, but not where to down load it? Only diagnostic tools for motherboards and graphics appear when searching downloads for "diagnostic" and nothing appears when searching for "DRTU".

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005787.html# a Running the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Manual Diagnostics Tool

0 Kudos
ChunHuat_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Jonathan,

The link you provide to me is helpful which explain detail of each function of test. The only things left is the DTRU tool, if you can help find out where can be download it that will be great.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Assistance and documentation for Intel® DRTU are not provided through the communities, nor the support center. Developer inquiries about this topic should be routed through your sales representative or field support.
0 Kudos
ChunHuat_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your advised, I do not have further more questions need to ask.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos