Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Does the NUC5I5MYHE have a wireless card built-in?

MHill12
Beginner

I've ordered a NUC5I5MYHE kit and intend to connect it to the wireless network in my house. On Intel's page for the product, it has listed "M.2 22x30 slot and wireless antennas pre-assembled (for wireless card support)" - does this mean the device comes with a wireless card built-in, or I'll need to buy an M.2 wireless card separately?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CCamb1
New Contributor III

The unit does not have wi-fi card but only antennas. You have to buy a card.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CCamb1
New Contributor III

The unit does not have wi-fi card but only antennas. You have to buy a card.

idata
Employee

First, to this post and all SO users machine is total compatible with also Linux Distro Mint that I tested and not install other drivers, recommend only Bios update. I think other Distros (Ubuntu, Debian etc) is too.

Recognize all periferals imediatelly, USB Ports, Video, Vesa, HDMI ( adapter cable vesa to HDMI), Cores, Audio, Mouse ( wireless too) etc.

To stay in support the Kit NUC5i5MYHE Chassis pre-assembled with NUC5i5MYBE and 3i3 model not included only 2,5' drive SODIMM memory and Wireless module (optional).

The antennas is the Chassi of NUC.

To buy separatelly card is the list of compatible with all regions:

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth*

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 + Bluetooth*

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (No vPro)

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265 + Bluetooth

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265

Intel® Wireless-N 7265 + Bluetooth

More information:http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan Support for Wireless Networking

0 Kudos