Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Driver and support assistant + Bluetooth

Bastet
New Contributor I

I'm running the latest driver & support assistant version & I've noticed there's no Bluetooth entry.
This means I cannot use the tool to update Bluetooth.
BT is by Intel.
There is a new BT update released which I manually downloaded & installed.
BT shows under device manager & is working.

I'm wondering if Bluetooth driver updating was removed or whether there's a problem on my PC.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Bastet, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case our team has root caused this issue to a cache refresh that was incorrectly scheduled. They have fixed this and the Bluetooth driver should be detectable by Intel® DSA now. This was not an issue with the PC, the Bluetooth driver or record, or the Intel® Driver Support Assitant tool, it should be working now. 

Just in case remember to:

-Clear the browser cache

-Click “Refresh Results” on the menu on the left-hand side of the Intel DSA scan page (this acts as a complete “start over” for the service).

-Reboot the system. (in case that the “Refresh page” isn’t enough of a “start over”)

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Bastet, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this specific scenario, we recommend to test the tool with different browsers since Intel® DSA only works with the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

Then you can also try to clear the browser cache then try rescanning the Intel® DSA tool.

If the problem persists, run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller version 21.1.5.2:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30193/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t

Restart and install the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tool version 21.1.5.2:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

If the issue remains, please provide the latest file from Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

The latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller log file: using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log

The latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant log files: using File Explorer: go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder.

Note: Uncheck "Hide System Files" to see the AppData folder.

Show hidden files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Bastet
New Contributor I

I’m already using Edge latest version.
I’ve already uninstalled the software & reinstalled it.

I’ll try the other suggestions.

0 Kudos
Bastet
New Contributor I

I've included everything I feel is relevant in the .zip files..

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Bastet, Thank you very much for providing that information and the log files.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Bastet
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Bastet, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case our team has root caused this issue to a cache refresh that was incorrectly scheduled. They have fixed this and the Bluetooth driver should be detectable by Intel® DSA now. This was not an issue with the PC, the Bluetooth driver or record, or the Intel® Driver Support Assitant tool, it should be working now. 

Just in case remember to:

-Clear the browser cache

-Click “Refresh Results” on the menu on the left-hand side of the Intel DSA scan page (this acts as a complete “start over” for the service).

-Reboot the system. (in case that the “Refresh page” isn’t enough of a “start over”)

Regards,

Albert R.

Bastet
New Contributor I

Thank you Albert, that has solved my problem.
Best wishes.
Virginia.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Bastet, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed and now the Intel® Driver Support Assistant is working properly in finding and updating the Bluetooth driver.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Bastet
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Bastet, You are very welcome.

Regards,

Albert R.