Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Encountering frequent 7025/7026 "Dump after return from D3 after cmd" system events while in standby mode

CWate5
Novice

Similar to this post and this post, the following system events seem to be causing my Windows 10 laptop to come out of standby mode many times overnight:

Source:    Netwtw08

Event ID:   7025

Description: 7025 - Dump after return from D3 before cmd 

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

Source:    Netwtw08

Event ID:   7026

Description: 7026 - Dump after return from D3 after cmd

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

The events occur quite frequently every evening, at 10 to 20 minute intervals, but do not occur after midnight.

When I take the laptop out of standby mode in the morning, one 7025 event (same details as above) is logged ... but then neither event occurs again until I place the laptop into standby mode in the late afternoon.

25 Replies
Samuelan
Beginner

Hello,

I am encountering the same issue, dump messages while in sleep mode.

@CWate5 , how did you finally solve the issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
CWate6
Beginner

I have been unable to resolve the issue. I've just learned to live with it. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Samuelan
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

For information and after investigation, the issue appears when in sleep AND connected to the power supply. The reason is that in this condition, the laptop is put in "connected sleep" managed by the laptop itself (which means that the connectivity is maintained).

On the other side, when the laptop is NOT connected to the power supply, this is also a "connected sleep", but handled by windows (it means that windows will maintain on-demand connectivity).

In this second scenario, the dumps messages does not occur.

I think that there are some incompatibilities between windows and manufacturers BIOS/drivers, which causes the wireless adapter to make some D3-D0 power modes loops when the computer is in sleep and connected.

Nevertheless, nothing to do, I think that we just have to wait until someone will release a working driver...

This is complicated to manage, because windows has a lot of updates with curious names and versions numbering, we never have any associated changelogs. We never know if it is safe to do the updates or not...

0 Kudos
tonedtan
Beginner

Signed up to post this to see if it can help anyone. I had the same problem. You guys are right about it being connected to the power supply.

Any way I saw this post on Dell with a similar issue. Try this.

In 'Device Manager', Open the 'Properties' for the WiFi Driver, and select the 'Advanced' tab. Change 'Wake on Magic Packet' to 'Disabled' and 'Wake on Pattern Match' to 'Disabled'.

Now my computer doesn't wake up by itself. It still wakes up if I unplug the power cord, but I will figure that out later.

Stefano_I
Beginner

thank you, this resolved my issue.

before that my dell g15 5515 (with a intel wifi card) used to wake up randomly during modern stanby, but now it's perfect.

I am extremely grateful to you.

0 Kudos