Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Error [00000524] : The specified account already exists.

FVaca1
Beginner

Hi,

When trying to uninstall or repair the software of my wireless adapter I get the message:

Errors detected during the installation

"Error [00000524] : The specified account already exists."

What does it mean? How can I fix this?

Please help me!

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ferosmyth,

We understand you're having issues uninstalling your wireless driver. However, we're unfamiliar with this particular error message you're receiving.

Would it be possible for you to provide us with some additional information?

- What is the original issue? Are you trying to uninstall your driver to install a newer one, or have you been experiencing connectivity issues? For example.

- Does your currect user account have administrator rights?

- If possible, please attach a screenshot of this error message

- Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility, scan your whole system and attach the report to your next response (using the advanced editor, found at the top right hand of your reply box, this will enable attachments).

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ferosmyth,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.

Has your issue been resolved? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
FVaca1
Beginner

Hello there Carlos A.,

Thank you for asking, yes the issue has been resolved. I guess the error was referring to my personal configurations for this device instead of my "account".

I just uninstalled all the controllers from my notebook and reinstalled the recommended one and, voilà.

Thanks and kind regards,

Fernando Vacaflor

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ferosmyth,

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, and thank you for sharing the solution.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos