Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Event id 5005 still not solved

Albert22
Beginner

Looking at release notes for 21.120.2.1 gave me some hope

'A network disconnection might occur, along with Wi-Fi driver Event ID 5005, while streaming online videos at 2.4 GHz.'

Despite not streaming online, not even in 2.4 ghz it gave me some hope that you finally fixed the Event ID 5005 issue.

Unfortunately that's not the case.

My config only differ that i use 5ghz in non-DFS channels.

On 10 computers that i have working right now i never had this issues before, not even with problematic Atheros cards.

I Know that there's a plethora of routers manufacturers with their different issues also this disconnection issue seems hard to replicate too, but c'mon even atheros can work well with different routers, why your cards can't ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Albert22

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to gather more information about your environment in order to check this further:

1. How often are you experiencing the disconnection problem? Also, please provide a screenshot showing the details of the Event id 5005 that you are getting.
  2. Is there any other error message or an error code in Device Manager or Windows® notification area?
  3. Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?
  4. Is the Wireless adapter the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrated/replaced it?
  5. When did it start to happen? Did it work fine before? Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Please provide details
  6. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?
  7. Have you tried a different router or Access point (AP) for testing purposes? Is the behavior happening with different routers or APs? Please provide brand and model of the different devices that you have tested:

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Albert22

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Albert22

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos