Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

External antennas for AX211NGW with internal antenna

SAK1
Beginner

Will any third party kit due? The PC came with the wi-fi6e/BT5.3 card installed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need a kit something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XNBN7TT. It will cover all cases: card slot mount or direct mount of connectors to back panel of SFF chassis.

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. Really good 8dBi antennas for longer ranges!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, this depends upon what you have. Please provide more information regarding what motherboard you have, what chassis type you have, the internal antennas, etc.

Some information about the 'problem' would help too. Why do you blame the internal antennas?

...S

0 Kudos
SAK1
Beginner

Motherboard 895EKBC V12.03.05

Micro ATX

Antenna - Internal pictures from Best Buy attached. There is a cutout on the side of the Mini for external antennas. HP support unhelpful.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello SAK1,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities. For us to effectively assist you, please provide the following information.

• What is the exact issue you experienced?
  • Any recent changes made before this issue happened?
  • Is it working before?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps taken to resolve the issue experienced?
  • Please provide the SSU of your unit, you can follow the instructions indicated on this article, How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SAK1
Beginner

This is a future planning issue.

I'll be moving to a larger place and the BT is more important to me than the Wi-fi to stream through a number of rooms into earbuds and eventually hearing aids.  I am trying to make sure it is possible to take the internal antenna wires to an eventual outside antenna.

I am trying to ID what I may need in order to do that. HP has not be responsive. That is why I am asking my question about 3rd party antenna kits as it applies to your card.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need a kit something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XNBN7TT. It will cover all cases: card slot mount or direct mount of connectors to back panel of SFF chassis.

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. Really good 8dBi antennas for longer ranges!

SAK1
Beginner
0 Kudos