Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 does not see WiFi 6E SSID

Felice
Novice

Hello Community,

Just purchased a Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz.

I installed Intel DSA to get latest driver version installed:

Been banging head against wall trying to get this laptop to see my 6GHz SSID from my ASUS GT-AXE11000. I am broadcasting 3 separate SSIDs for 2.4, 5, and 6 GHz bands. It sees the 2.4 and 5 GHz SSIDs, but not the 6 GHz one.

Windows info:
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎2022-‎10-‎16
OS build 22000.1098
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1098.0

I used Windows Update to get latest and greatest windows 11 patches. I also see a message about 22H2 coming soon ... looks like it's not released or ready for this laptop yet (there's a safeguard hold).

Unfortunately, I don't have any other WiFi 6E client to validate the ASUS router GT-AXE11000 6GHz SSID but I'm fairly confident that the router is solid here. I am not hiding the SSID, but nevertheless tried manually adding it to wireless laptop settings but no luck with that either.

I am really at wit's end here :(.

Are there any AX211 debug logs we can enable or look at to nail down what is going on here ?

Any other tips or advice ?

Thank you!
Felice

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Felice,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (Gig+).   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

2. Have you tried the latest drivers from the laptop manufacturer?

3. Have you updated your BIOS version?

4. Have you checked with Asus to confirm if there are special settings for the 6GHz band?

5. Have you reported this issue to the laptop manufacturer? They may need to run tests on their device.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Felice
Novice
1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?
Original pre-installed one.

2. Have you tried the latest drivers from the laptop manufacturer?
Yes, I used Samsung Update utility.

3. Have you updated your BIOS version?
Yes if i recall correctly Samsung Update utility had a recommended BIOS update and I installed it.

4. Have you checked with Asus to confirm if there are special settings for the 6GHz band?
Yes contacted them, no specific instructions or settings were suggested. I did my own research though and did verify a registry setting for 6ghz support...it's enabled.

5. Have you reported this issue to the laptop manufacturer? They may need to run tests on their device.
Yes still waiting for them to get back to me. They advertise support for WiFi 6E. If there's no resolution soon I'll return it.

I was hoping for some debug level logs that would show the card seeing my 6ghz ssid. Is there any way to bypass windows 11 to fetch these lower level driver logs ?
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Felice, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Felice
Novice

Hi Deivid,

I was a bit fed up with Samsung Support. The straw that broke camel's back was when they told me my ISP does not support WiFi 6E even after telling them million times I use their modem only, WiFi 6E is on my own router LMFAO.

I ended up returning the laptop.

Best regards,
Felice

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Felice, 

I am sorry to know that you had such an experience with Samsung Support. Since you mentioned that the unit was returned, let me know if you can continue with the support or if I should close the thread.

I will be waiting for your confirmation.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Felice
Novice
Felice
Novice

Just FYI,

I managed to get my hands on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+.

I finally connected with my 6Ghz SSID. So this eliminates my ASUS GT-AXE11000 from being the culprit.

If I were a betting man I would put my money on it being a Windows 11 issue on the Book2 Pro.

Regards,
Felice

DeividA_Intel

Hello Felice, 

Thanks for your response. Based on your test, this issue may be related to the operating system or a limitation placed by Samsung on that specific model. 

You can get in contact with Microsoft to discuss if there is an issue with that model or you can get in contact with Samsung to confirm if there are limitations with the laptop model.

I will close this thread as you mention, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos