Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Have ac 3165 and just installed all of the Windows updates. Before install getting 220+ mbps download. After cumulative Windows updates now only get about 20 mbps download. I have the latest driver, etc. Please help.

JBurr14
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JBurr14, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Since the computer works with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 card, we can try to install the Intel® Generic Wireless driver version 19.51.23.1:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29003/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=89450

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JBurr14
Beginner

Maybe this is just a automated answer? I have a Dell Inspiron 5570, 1 year old. The card came preinstalled in my laptop. As I stated wifi was working perfectly fine at 200+mbps, until the recent Windows updates, now I am only at about 20+mbps. I am running Windows 10 Home Version 1903. There is no need to check with internet provider because as I stated it only started "after" the most recent windows updates. I am already running the 19.51.23.1 driver.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JBurr14, Thank you very much for clarifying those details and providing that information.

You mentioned that the problem started right after the Windows* update, do you remember by any chance which was the update that you installed?

If it was a build update, for example going from version 1803 to 1903 or if it was a specific KB update?

If it was a KB update, do you remember the name of it?

The reason why the above information is important is because we can always try a system restore right before the update that was installed and created this problem, that will allow us also to confirm if this is an Intel® Wireless driver problem or if the issue is related more to the Microsoft side, to Windows* itself.

If you connect only the laptop, without any other wireless device, to the router or Acess Point (AP), is the problem the same?

Just for testing purposes, do you have the option to connect another laptop or another wireless device just to confirm if the behavior or issue persists?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JBurr14, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JBurr14, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos