Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Having issues connecting to iphone using Lenovo X1 carbon with Intel Wireless-AC 7260 Adapter.

JShaw9
Beginner

Having issues connecting to iphone using Lenovo X1 carbon with Intel Wireless-AC 7260 Adapter. Updating driver from version 16.6.0.8 to 17.16.0.4 seems to improve the issue but I don't see in the update log where these types of isssues were fixed. Is there a way to get more detail about what was fixed in each update of the driver? I also have some great wireshark output showing the adapter seeming to get confused on how to find its network peers and route traffic is anyone wants to see it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Justinsha,

Could you please provide more details on what it is you want to do?

Is this wireless adapter the original one that came installed in your computer ?

Where did you get the latest driver from?

*If the wireless card is the one that came installed in your computer when you bought it, all drivers must be updated from Lenovo* Support Page.

Does it find and connect to any other wireless network?

What OS is running on this computer?

What iPhone* model are you using?

0 Kudos
JShaw9
Beginner

Please see my answers below:

Could you please provide more details on what it is you want to do?\

I believe i have resolved the issue by upgrading the version of the driver. However, the update descriptions in the driver readme isn't very specific and I want to make sure this issue is addressed in the driver update.

Is this wireless adapter the original one that came installed in your computer ?

Where did you get the latest driver from?

I dowloaded the latest driver which include the intel wifi software from the lenovo support site.

*If the wireless card is the one that came installed in your computer when you bought it, all drivers must be updated from Lenovo* Support Page.

Does it find and connect to any other wireless network?

It is able to connect to other wifi networks.

What OS is running on this computer?

We see the issue on windows 8.1 64 bit and Windows 7 64 bit.

What iPhone* model are you using?

Iphone 6 running IOS 8.3

0 Kudos