Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Hello I have questions about my wifi connection on my laptop asus rog strix g531gd, which is use intel wireless-ac 9560 for wifi connection. Why the driver, intel wireless-ac 9560 just cannot start by error code 10? And how to fix?

XAim0
Beginner

I was update the driver to the newest version (21.80.2) but the problem still exist. But than, i uninstall the newest version to the old version (20.50.0.5) and problem solved, but unfortunately the problem come again.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello XAim0

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding error code 10 in Device Manager, there are some steps we can try to see if the problem is solved. Please check the below recommendations:

1. Perform a cold reboot (hold the power button until the system powers off).
  2. For laptops, reseat the battery if possible (remove and reinstall). Please refer to your system manufacturer for guidance.
  3. Perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers and reboot the computer. We recommend you install the wireless driver customized for your specific system model and provided by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM, ASUS*). You can download the driver from the following link, please make sure you select your specific system model to download the proper driver: Intel® Wireless LAN driver Version V21.50.0.5*.
  4. Try a hard shut down, wait for a couple of minutes and turn on the computer.
  5. Load BIOS defaults. Please refer to your system manufacturer for guidance for settings/updates before trying this step.

If the issue persists, we recommend checking with the OEM of your system (ASUS* support) for additional suggestions and to discard the possibility of a hardware problem. List of Computer Manufacturer Support Websites.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello XAim0

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to perform the steps recommended in our previous post. Does the issue persist? If yes, were you able to contact your OEM?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello XAim0

We have not heard back from you so we will be proceeding to close this thread soon. If you have additional inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos