Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7371 Discussions

Hello, is there a way to use simultaneously WiFi and BT (Intel AC 8260 chip) on my ASUS UX410UQ laptop? Separately it works fine, but when together WiFi disappears. The latest drivers are already installed, see attached file. Thanks Roman

RZubr1
Beginner

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did your Asis laptop come with the 8260, or did you add it?

"The latest drivers" from Asus or Intel?

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

WiFi and BT share the 2.4GHz frequency band (and a physical antenna), so they will always conflict with each other to a certain extent. Your best bet is to use the 5GHz WiFi band when at all possible.

...S

0 Kudos
RZubr1
Beginner

Thank you both very much,

Doc, the laptop came with this chip from the manufacturer, the drivers are from Intel. I've tried to use OEM drvers from ASUS but it didn't resolve the issue.

Scott your solution is not suitable when working outside home (train, cafe) as you can't change router frequency by yourself.

With regards

R.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

" I've tried to use OEM drvers from ASUS but it didn't resolve the issue."

But... Asus tested your laptop with that card and those drivers. That would imply Asus sold a defective configuration.

Contact asus for support of their defective configuration.

Doc

EDIT: to clarify, ASUS designed, selected the components, and built the laptop. They, as the integrator, tested the laptop. They provided the drivers, presumably that they tested with Windows 10. Either the configuration/laptop/components are defective, or something has changed. If something has changed, it is windows itself or windows screwing with the drivers, or some other software or hardware, or radio interference that is affecting this configuration.

Doc

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @RZubr1​ 

1. In my NUCs I have installed AC 8265 WiFi adapter. I have no observed any WiFi problems when using WiFi (either channel: 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz), simultaneously with Bluetooth.
  2. The AC 8265 have almost similar specifications with AC 8260. The major difference is that the first supports MU-MIMO technology, while AC 8260 is not. So could be that lake of MU-MIMO on your adapter makes this difference.

Leon

0 Kudos
RZubr1
Beginner

Dear all,

I've partially solved the issue. Uninstallation of the Pro/Wireless software along with a clean installation of the oldest available OEM driver form ASUS (https://www.asus.com/sg/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-UX410UQ/HelpDesk_Download/) fixed the bug. Seems Pro/Wireless app caused the problem. It is still unstable (Down/Up speed varies, interruptions, unstable connection), however it is the best result for now.

Thanks for your advises

R.

0 Kudos