Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Hosted network

idata
Employee

Hi!!! i have an intel dual band wireless-ac 7265 and I 'm trying to make a hosted network and it's not allowing me to do it. i would like to change a driver because i see with the command "netsh wlan show drivers" that this driver not allow a hosted network. what do you think i can do?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello HFlores,

The hosted network/soft AP feature is not supported on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 with driver version 18.30 or later. Windows® 10 introduced a new driver model, therefore, the hosted network function is no longer supported.

For more information, please refer to the following advisory:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006057.html Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Wireless Adapters

If you require additional assistance, please let us know the Operating System and driver version you are using, along with information about the task you are trying to complete.

Regards,

Jonathan
idata
Employee

Thank you for answering Jonathan!!!

My Operating system is Window 10 and my driver version is 19.1.0.4.

I would like to Use my PC as a mobile hotspot.

If this driver is not allowed to hosted networks , which driver could you recommend me ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello HFlores,

As noted in the FAQ document linked before, hosted networks are no longer supported; however, Windows® 10 version 1607 (Windows 10 Anniversary Update) introduces a similar feature called the mobile hotspot.

Please check the following document from Microsoft* for more information:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/c60dcfa3-c596-41d4-8c1a-b0d738e1d9fd/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot Use your PC as a mobile hotspot

We recommend you use https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26240/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=83635 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 version 19.10.0, that is the current version recommended with for Windows® 10 Anniversary Update.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Jonathan!!

I'll try.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We are glad to help. Please proceed with the driver update and let us know if you require additional assistance about this matter.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much!!!

I upgrade my operating system and the hosted network is working properly.

Thank you very much for sending me the link of Windows 10, that helped me a lot.

Nice to talk to you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello HFlores,

We are pleased to know that our recommendations helped you to resolve the issue. Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos