Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

How can I suppress Error Events for Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz? The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

T_Urashima
Beginner

I have installed AC 9260 card into my PC as a upgrading. Then the windows event viewer have logged a lot of errors since it installed.

The error is logged more than 10/hour.

There are looks like no any other issues such data transmitting/receiving, network session dropping, and system stability, so far.

However, it is much annoying and creepy for the many events are logged.

How can I suppress the error events?

And is this serious issue?

My PC: Lenovo Flex 6 14IKB

CPU: Intel core i3 8130U

Ram: 16GB

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Netwtw08" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">5010</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-07-29T06:15:33.174635500Z" />

<EventRecordID>12935</EventRecordID>

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>xxxxxxxx</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>\Device\NDMP4</Data>

<Data>Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz</Data>

<Binary>000008000200380000000000921300C000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000057445256D8800000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello T.Urashima,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

Installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. As each country may have different regulatory requirements, before you install/change the Intel® Wireless Adapter in a system, you must contact the system manufacturer to determine if the Intel® Wireless Adapters you plan to install is approved for use in your system and country. You are required to follow the manufacturer's post-approval requirements. If you have already performed the integration, it is also important to understand that it may not work due to hardware or software compatibility issues or dependencies.

For more information, please refer to the following support links:

1. Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

2. Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

To address this issue, we recommend these steps:

1. Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

2. Try installing your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers first. If the issue persists, you can try installing generic drivers available at the Download Center.

Flex 6-14IKB Laptop (Lenovo)

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Intel® Wireless-AC 9260

3. Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
agggg
Novice

This is a driver issue with Intel generic drivers. I am experience those too. What happens is basically

The network driver requested that it be reset.

0 Kudos
T_Urashima
Beginner

Hi agggg,

Thanks for the reply. How do you think about Intel generic driver? Ordinary consumers should not buy Intel's parts that are not support by the PC manufacture?

If so, Intel should not provide "Intel driver and support assistant" that it installs generic drivers into the PC regardless of manufacture. Also, how do you think about it?

Intel support does not know well their support services too. This is the major problem on them, I think.

0 Kudos
agggg
Novice

tl;dr: Intel generic drivers not working properly on Intel hardware -> bug within the Intel generic drivers. Intel is in charge to provide a fix (during product lifetime; not for EOL).

The intention of Intel generic drivers is that they have to work with any Intel hardware. Specific OEM drives may disable or enhance some features. For example the Killer Wireless-AC 1550 uses the Intel Wireless-AC 9260 chipset but Killer provides some extra features and enhancements in their drivers. You cannot use Killer drivers on Intel (artificial locked) but Intel drivers on Killer since under the hood it's Intel hardware.

Regulatory information excuse is not valid (citate from product sheet): The Intel Wireless-AC 9260 detects its location and automatically optimizes the Wi-Fi settings to local regulatory requirements, maximizing performance in each geography, simplifying travel experience and global enterprise procurement.

Failed detection of network adapter: Indeed OEMs used to blacklist specific hardware because they didn't want you to upgrade. But nowadays this evil behaviour is no longer a common practice. You are clearly not affected elsewise your adapter wouldn't even be recognized by Windows.

0 Kudos
T_Urashima
Beginner

Sorry for late reply.

Thank you very much for your description. It makes sense.

Almost consumers do not know this thing and then they are redirected to PC manufactures like me. Eventually, their only way is "give up" when they got such issue.

0 Kudos
T_Urashima
Beginner

And then,

They have issued "Intel Customer Support Case # xxxxx" for my chat session as the first contact 9hours ago. At the chat, an associate redirected me to Lenovo then it was closed, but, now, the case number has been assigned. I do not know why they changed the mind.

I'll put the update here.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

T.Urashima,

Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customizations, or make other changes to the driver software or software packaging to ensure system functionality. Intel recommends using OEM's drivers first. 

Now, keep in mind that this a hardware upgrade. For this reason, issues may occur due to the reasons addressed on my previous post. Does your OEM have drivers for your system configuration? Were you able to try the clean installation of the driver as recommended?

Hello agggg,

Are you experiencing the same issue after performing a hardware upgrade?

Wanner G.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello T.Urashima, 

This Intel® Community is another channel for technical support. Since you opened a support ticket through live chat, please let us know if you would like to keep this thread open to avoid duplication of effort.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello T.Urashima, 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello T.Urashima, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos