Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

How do I get the intel installer to allow me to install the OEM recommended driver for my wireless lan?

BReec
Beginner

I have downloaded the recommended driver zip file from MSI and it is an older version of the LAN driver that I have installed and the intel installer says I need to fix that before I can go forward? How do I do that?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Uninstall the current driver (open Device Manager, Network Adapter section, right click on Intel Wireless and then on Uninstall device (check the delete option). Next install the driver downloaded from MSI.

Leon

0 Kudos
BReec
Beginner
Thank you very much for your answer to my question once again the intel community rises to the occasion to help another. I love my intel products and my community of support that comes with it. I had been debating whether to use device manager to just uninstall the version that is newer but did not want to cause myself more headaches but I think your answer is spot on and had done this with other unwanted driver editions but since I've had windows 10 1903 I am not very pleased with it and did not know if this would as i said blow up my internet connections. Lol Sincerely Appreciative Intel customer Bob R. Robert G. Reece
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BReec,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BReec
Beginner
Thank you very much. I have had three responses from my post and am just so grateful that Intel and its Forum, staff, and leadership cares about what they sell and how it works. I appreciate your response and have already heard from the corporate guys about my question. But it's good to know you cared enough to respond to this old Marine! Much respect, Bob R.
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BReec,

Were you able to follow the recommendations provided?

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos