Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7352 Discussions

How to configure wireless adapter for single specified channel as wireless client?

DMend4
Beginner

How to configure wireless adapter for single specified channel as wireless client?

My specifics: Intel 6205, Win7

There are several answers for forcing to 2.4G or 5G band, but I have not found any answers for modifying the Channel List within selected Band(s)... in particular, I would like a Channel List of one.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DenDoza1234,

Here are a few relevant items regarding channel listing from the client side, based on the information you provided:

- The wireless adapter and Intel® Wireless Drivers do not provide a way to modify the list of available networks based only on the wireless channel. You can check the available driver options in the following document: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005585.html Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings.

- Wireless channel selection for the network is performed in the Access Point. The adapter is not capable of forcing a particular wireless channel.

- If you need to know the channels used by the WiFi networks (or SSID) available in your area, you will need to use 3rd Party tools. If this is what you require, you might want to check online for a reliable WiFi channel scanner software of your preference.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
DMend4
Beginner

Okay, certainly not the answer I was hoping for, but I suppose "it is what it is".... Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DenDoza1234,

We are glad to be of assistance and we hope you are able to achieve what you require. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos