Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

How to fix Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 #2 with slow or patchy internet speeds?

APiet4
Beginner

I have a Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 #2 version 20.70.12.5. I'm not sure how long my internet has been slow, surely around 6 months, but I thought it might be a router issue as my computer has good specs. However after changing routers the issue still continues. Sometimes I am connected to the router but has no internet connection. Other times when it can connect, the computer gets up to speeds of 6mbps whereas on my phone or other computers we get up to 30mbps. I've tried uninstalling drivers, checking firewalls, and the usual protocols but haven't seen improvement.

I ran the Intel System Support Utility tool hoping that will shine some light on what's going on. Thank you in advanced!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. If your router has dual band WiFi, you may try to use the other band (I presume 5GHz).
  2. In your current WiFi band (I presume 2.4GHz), choose Channel Width: 20MGHz only, Channel 10 (instead Auto)

Leon

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello APiet4,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Were you able to review the recommendations provided? Please let us know if you are still experiencing the problem reported on this thread.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello APiet4,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos