Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

How to send and receive files by Direct WiFi Using galaxy s4 and Win 7 through Intel My Dashboard?

MEl_M
Beginner

I tried to send a photos from my mobile galaxy s4 to my PC [Win7] using WiFi-Direct after connecting it in Intel My WiFi Dashboard but it faild, and can't send from my PC to S4 as there is no a send icon on dashboard for the selected device.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Maghraby,

Please take into consideration that the WiFi Direct features of Intel® My WiFi Dashboard are meant to be used with other Devices using the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard software. It may not work well with 3rd party hardware and other Operating Systems, like Android.

If the device is capable of receiving files from Intel® My WiFi Dashboard, you should have the option to Send files in your Nearby Devices, Favorite Devices or What can I do now tabs.

Please check the following document for the instructions:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/imwd/sb/CS-033743.htm How to Send Files with Intel® My WiFi Dashboard

0 Kudos
MEl_M
Beginner
0 Kudos