Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

How to set Wireless Driver settings to "default"...?

idata
Employee

So, I'm trying out the Win8.1 driver, and it's extremely SLOW opening web pages, not sure yet on the connectivity, but I noticed the settings stayed the same as all my testing trying to get the card to work without dropping on the 7260 card with the other drivers. I tried to see if I could guess the original settings, but just don't know.

So, how do you set the drivers settings to "default"? Thanks.

BTW, did you guy's know that the 7260 apparently has Widi, but the Auto-Driver detector doesn't detect it at least on Win 8.1?

Do you guys have an Widi 8.1 driver yet, hiding like I had to find the Pro-set 8.1 driver hiding?

Also, where is the Bluetooth drivers? Or do we just us the Windows ones?

Well, I think I've pretty much tried every setting that likely should be set, and I don't think it's the settings. I think the 8.1 driver is really slow (we are talking 15 sec's to open a webpage, instead of almost instantly).

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

To get the driver settings by default, you need to uninstall all the pro-set software and (imperative) drivers. [Note: If you didn't uninstall the drivers then you'll have your current settings saved if you install a different driver version.] Then install the proset software with the driver version you wanted to install (eg. 16.5.3.6 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23231 Download Center). This will install that version and will have its advanced settings in the default settings.

Here's Bluetooth software: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3502&DwnldID=22960&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%c2%ae+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Centrino%c2%ae+Advanced-N+6235&lang=eng Download Center

Here's WiDi software: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3227&DwnldID=22016&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Wireless+Technologies&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Wireless+Display+(Intel%c2%ae+WiDi)&lang=eng Download Center

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Strange.... How come the 7260 card isn't listed as compatible hardware?

Oh well, I'm not going to worry about that stuff at the moment then.

Also, that's right.... haa haa, should have realized.

BTW, it was the Pro-set software that was causing the slow connection with the latest driver for 8.1.

It only comes with the Pro-set software apparently, and I still have the dropping issues even driver alone when uninstalling pro-set, but the page speed was back.

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

The Bluetooth module for Centrino series and 7260 series are the same. That's why the Bluetooth software works, but Intel didn't include the 7260 on the list.

Intel can't still figure out why some computers with 7260 kept dropping while others like mine don't. I suggest to do clean install and use drivers only. There maybe some software conflict with WiFi drivers that results to dropped connections. I did clean install Windows 7 on mine and use drivers only since I hate bloatwares and Windows 8. Thus, I don't have and won't need Proset/Wireless as well as Bluetooth. The Bluetooth software is Broadcom for my laptop since the Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 in my laptop did not come with integrated Bluetooth.

0 Kudos