Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

How to uninstall PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth patch?

DPott3
Beginner

I'm running Windows 10 on an Asus Z87 Pro V motherboard. I removed my Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop adapter today because of driver problems and blue screens that seemed related to it and recent versions of Windows 10. I'm now using a wired connection instead.

I was able to successfully remove one Intel PROSet Wireless program and one Intel PROSet Bluetooth program from Programs and Features. However, when I try to uninstall the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth Technology (patch version 3.0.1342.2) program/patch, the process fails with the message "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." It also displays a second, more simple failure message.

Based on a suggestion on another thread, I tried using the Microsoft tool that helps with installation/uninstallation issues (Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall). That program listed other programs in Programs and Features, but not the Intel PROSet patch I can't uninstall. It seems that Windows somewhat thinks the patch is installed and uninstalled.

How can I remove this item successfully? For now, I just want to use a wired connection and not having anything PROSet-related left on the computer.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Don777,

We understand you're having issues removing an instance of the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® software from your computer.

If the Microsoft* troubleshooter did not work for you, we don't have any more official tools to recommend. However, as a personal recommendation I can suggest trying a third-party uninstaller software such as Revo Uninstaller*. This will "manually" remove all traces of a program (files, registry..) even if the built-in installer fails.

I also found an article with the steps you'll need to take:

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

- https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html Revo Uninstaller Free*

- https://www.howtogeek.com/79926/completely-uninstall-programs-and-more-with-revo-uninstaller/ Completely Uninstall Programs And More With Revo Uninstaller* - by howtogeek.com

Please let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos