Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7664 Discussions

I am trying install wifi driver via intune as win32 app but it's not installing at device end.

MrKhan
Novice

Need Help: Finding Registry Key for intel Wi-Fi Driver Detection in Intune Win32 App Deployment

Hi Intel Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently working on deploying Wi-Fi drivers via Microsoft Intune using Win32 app deployments. However, I'm facing challenges in finding the appropriate registry key for detecting the presence of the Wi-Fi driver on Windows devices.

I've explored several potential registry paths, but haven't been able to pinpoint the correct one. Could anyone with expertise in Windows driver installations or Intune deployments assist me in identifying the registry key that reliably indicates the presence of a Wi-Fi driver?

Your insights and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

MrKhan

10 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Yusuf, we would like to inform you that we are routing your query to the dedicated team for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi MrKhan,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

I'd be happy to consult our engineers regarding your issue, but I require the specific model of your wireless adapter to proceed further.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MrKhan
Novice
Hi Caguicla,

We need Intel driver version 22.230.0.8.
Adapter Model. Intel wireless - A 9560
0 Kudos
MrKhan
Novice

Hello Team,

We're seeking a solution to deploy a specific WiFi driver version (22.250.0.1.2) to various devices with different models. Our deployment tool of choice is MS Intune. We've created a Win32 app package for this deployment, but the detection logic isn't functioning as expected due to the absence of a common identifier for this driver across different device models.

Could you provide a unique path or registry value that is created during the installation of this driver on Windows machines? This information would greatly assist us in refining our detection logic.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi MrKhan,

Thank you for your reply.

We will check this request further with our team. We will update you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi MrKhan,

Thank you for your patience.

I am sending this message to inquire whether there have been any reported issues concerning the manual installation of the latest generic drivers for the AX203 or AC9560. Additionally, I would like to know if there are any known problems related to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity that you might be experiencing.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
MrKhan
Novice

Hi Caguicla C.,

I can install the WiFi driver manually without any issues. However, I need to use the Microsoft Intune win32 apps package method to install and uninstall the driver across a large number of devices. Could you please provide a common value that I can use for creating the detection logic?

Thanks,
MRKhan

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi MRKhan,

Thank you for your reply.

After reviewing the details, it appears that this matter would be best resolved by consulting directly with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of your operating system.

The OEM is equipped with the necessary tools and expertise to provide a more tailored solution to issues related to their OPerating Systems, which includes the integration and functionality of MS Intune within their environment.

Please reach out to your Microsoft's customer support team for further assistance. They will be able to guide you through the troubleshooting process and help resolve any conflicts or issues you are experiencing.

Thank you for your understanding, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Should you have any other concerns or require additional support, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi MRKhan,

Good day!

I'm writing to follow up on our earlier messages If you've reviewed them, please confirm their receipt. Should you wish to discuss any points further or need more clarification, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi MRKhan,

As we have not heard from you for the past few days, we will go ahead and close this thread. If you need help in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos