Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

I keep getting a pop up window that seems to disrupt my connection to my wi-fi. The pop up window title is "Intel Active Management Profile Synchronization"

MORou1
Beginner

The message is "Intel PROset / wireless wifi software is configured to synchronize user profiles with Intel Active Management Technology. Would you like to synchronize this profile with Intel Active Management Technology? It doesnt matter if I say Yes or No ... it still happens every day.

This is hugely disruptive as it sometimes happens several time in an hour and I lose the connection to my wi-fi each time. It has been happening for many months now.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Is this device a company managed device?

Doc

0 Kudos
MORou1
Beginner

Thanks for responding. No its a home laptop however my wife bought 2nd hand from the company that she works from. So it came loaded with just Windows.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It also came loaded with AMT, since it "was" a business laptop.

You will have to wait for one of the Intel support engineers to help rid you of this problem.

Doc

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

MORou1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® Wireless card?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello MORou1, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello MORou1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Veblen
Beginner

I had this problem for a long time on my home PC and so far it appears to be fixed after I disabled the Intel Active Management Technology.  Many people having this problem with the Intel Active Management Technology chucking them off their wireless internet connection (Intel technicians would know that). 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-amt-prompt/88b77e3d-454d-43b2-8632-50aa8b40fca7?tab=AllReplies#tabs

You can disable it by going into your computer's BIOS (sometimes this is called UEFI) settings and changing it there.  There is plenty of advice online about how to do this, including what key to access the BIOS on your particular machine (tip: try ESC if other recommended keys don't work). 

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Veblen
Beginner

Update:  Okay this didn't work for my situation. The Wifi disconnecting happens just as frequently and randomly.  But at least I don't get the AMT pop-ups anymore.

0 Kudos