Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

INTEL WIRELESS AC 9560 CODE 10 problem

THS1
Beginner

hi, my ASUS TUF Gaming FX504GD is having the wireless adapter code 10 problem.

I had tried many ways to solve it, some of it works but soon the problem will come back. Recently I reset my laptop, but still cannot solve it. 

I actually seen this problem few months ago, but this only occurs rarely for a period. But now this can happens many times in a day.

I search on Internet and saw many people also facing the same problem. I would like to know is this Window 10 problem or the network card problem or laptop problem?

I saw somebody said that this maybe because the BIOS version does not fit the Window 10 version, so I just install the latest one I found in ASUS official website, not sure will work or not.

And also if I want to change a new network card, is there any recommendation? I see many people having code 10 problem with AC9560 and AC9462, and most of them using ASUS Laptop

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello THS1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate the information you have provided and in order to continue, we will need the following report and information.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Note: You can use the option under the reply window to attach the report and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system?
  2. Please provide a screenshot of the code 10 error.
  3. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  4. Are you having issues only with WIFI or with Bluetooth as well?
  5. Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system before the issue started?

To answer your questions:

I search on the Internet and saw many people also facing the same problem. I would like to know is this Window 10 problem or the network card problem or laptop problem?

R/ The code 10 is a miscommunication problem between the OS and the adapter’s hardware or software so, it can pretty much be a problem on either one of those parts; therefore, each should be addressed separately during the issue’s diagnostic.

I want to change a new network card, is there any recommendation? I see many people having code 10 problems with AC9560 and AC9462, and most of them using ASUS laptops.

R/The code 10 is not unique to any particular adapter model it can happen on many different systems and for different reasons. In regard to whether or not you can upgrade the laptop’s adapter, please take into account that we are in no position of advising you how to do that, not even say if it’s possible or not. Laptop systems are a highly customized arrangement of components and only the manufacturer who integrated our adapter can say if it can be changed or not and consequently, provide options and instructions to complete the change.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
THS1
Beginner
  1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system?
    yes
  2. Please provide a screenshot of the code 10 error.
    Screenshot attached
  3. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
    I didn't actually remember, but I am sure that I didn't update the wireless driver before the problem occurs (because that time don't even know what is wireless driver), and then Window 10 update itself, so should be after a new OS update (but not sure whether the problem come with this update or not)
  4. Are you having issues only with WIFI or with Bluetooth as well?
    The option to turn on Bluetooth will disappear while the WiFi Adapter Code 10 
  5. Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system before the issue started?
    No new hardware installed, and for new software I not so sure what I installed at that time, but I think the issues is not come immediately with any software installation
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello THS1,

We appreciate the information provided, to continue we would like you to try the following recommendations and let us know if the issue persists.

Wireless/ Bluetooth

Please complete a clean installation of both the latest drivers coming from your laptop manufacturer, if the problem persists after that continue with the same process but instead of using customized drivers you will test this issue with our latest generic drivers, all the information can be found down below:

Latest Bluetooth/ Wireless driver (Asus)

Latest Bluetooth/ Wireless driver (Intel)

Wireless

Bluetooth

Instructions(wireless)

Instructions (Bluetooth)

Notes:

• The instructions can be used with both the drivers from Lenovo and our drivers
  • After you download all the files, disconnect from the internet so the operating system doesn’t trigger an automatic update while you are following the instructions.
  • For the Bluetooth driver, complete a removal first, and then you can continue with an installation.
  • One additional recommendation is to perform a cold reboot of the system after reinstalling the driver. This means to fully shut down the device and remove all sources of power, including batteries if applicable, then repowering.

If the issue persists after all the recommendations have been completed please provide another report so we can investigate further on our end.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

• Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello THS1,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
THS1
Beginner

Sorry for late reply, last week having online exam and I use a USB wireless adapter for that period, so haven't try the recommendations.

Today I tried the clean installation for wireless (uninstall repeatly until only the window preinstalled driver left) and bluetooth (chosen the Removal option), and then restart. After that, I installed the latest version driver for both (downloaded from the link given), but the code 10 problem still occurs.

Haven't try the cold reboot yet.

I noticed that sometimes when the code 10 problem happens, my laptop will crash for a few seconds (cannot do anything, screen static, sound looping) and then come back normal except the wireless driver will code 10, this especially happens when playing game.

I am not sure this is because overheating or not (sometime without playing game also will have the same symptom, and the temperature surely is normal), or maybe just a coincidence

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello THS1,

We will investigate this issue further on our end, and we will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello THS1,

I have sent you a private email with some extra information please make sure you check it out and let us know if anything else happens.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Neeraj
Novice

Hello Team Intel,

I am facing same issue as faced by THS1.

System - HP Pavillion 15-cs2073cl

In my case, I started this issue on Windows 2004 so i reset my laptop with windows reset and cleaned everything and downloaded a fresh copy of windows from cloud by choosing that option from windows reset and after resetting my pc i was still facing the same issue that is my Bluetooth and Wireless driver which were earlier missing now start showing model number of intel wireless which wasn't showing before resetting windows. 

Then i performed windows update till no more updates were available which even upgraded my windows to 20H2. But problem still persists. 

I even tried updating my drivers using HP Support Assistant and it did downloaded a driver named intel WLAN driver but problem still persists.

I even tried manually downloading from hp software support and while installing they were not installing. 

I searched internet so i tried all the methods including

1. Disabling and enabling drivers from device manager
  2. Uninstalling and then installing again using scan for hardware changes
  3. I even performed Windows 10 Network Reset but still problem persists
  4. I even tried cold rebooting and installing INTEL generic drivers

Nothing worked for me please help.

In my case Airplane Mode button is disabled state in control centre and in Device manager yellow exclamation mark is showing in side of Intel wireless ac 9560 driver and Intel wireless Bluetooth Driver

0 Kudos
Neeraj
Novice

Addition to my previous post,

Source of Internet currently -  LAN/ ethernet

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello THS1,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Neeraj
Novice

I already tried all the above solutions mentioned by technical assistance but still that issue persists.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello @Neeraj,

Even though the problem that you are experiencing is similar to what TSH1 is having, every system is different; therefore, we encourage you to create your own thread so you can receive personalized assistance there. Please make sure you include an Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report and a list of all the troubleshooting steps that you have completed and you should be assisted there shortly.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello THS1,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Victor G.