Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7726 Discussions

IPv6 doesn't work in W11 on WiFi 6E AX211 160MHz

Froggy
Beginner

I have a HP laptop with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz. The Windows 11 is not able to obtain an IPv6 address, when connected via WiFi. I tried several routers. Other devices including older laptops or mobile phones work with IPv6 well, so it must be something with the WiFi or the driver.

Btw - I've tried IPv6 in the virtual machine: if I bridge the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz to the virtual network card, I get exactly same problem with the IPv6, even the virtualized system is Linux... On another HW there are no problems with Linux.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Froggy, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. I would like to ask, were you able to obtain an IPv6 address before using the HP Laptop? If you do, are there any changes made in the system? Kindly please send your SSU logs as well so we can be more familiar with your configuration. Since you are using Linux, you may download it using this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Froggy, 

I am just checking in for the information we requested. Please feel free to reply in this post so we can further assist you. Thank you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Froggy, 

I hope you are doing well. As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
StarlightForever
Beginner

I also have the same problem.

Cannot retrieve IPV6 from certain routers.

0 Kudos