Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Incorrect description of driver parameters 22.150.0.3

imvagsig
Novice

Hello!

The new driver 22.150.0.3, which you posted to Windows Update, comes with a bug describing parameters for all languages. I attach a screenshot. In the screenshot, the problematic text is highlighted in red.
In the driver, the language translation of the parameters is transferred to another language not intended for it. This applies to all language parameters in the driver.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

EnricoSoldi, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about this matter:

The latest Intel® wireless driver version we have available on our website is 22.140:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=intel%20wireless%20ac%209560 

Could you please provide the link where you are downloading the driver?

Where are you seeing those parameters, from Windows or from where?

Where did you get all that information from?

You mentioned, "comes with a bug describing parameters for all languages", is there any specific behavior/problem that this bug is causing to the computer, or is it a documentation problem?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice

Hello!

I added the SSU file to ticket 05497127, which relates to this case.

I am currently using the driver 22.140.0.3 received in early May through the update center. 

I'm not going to install the driver 22.150.0.3 until you fix this bug with a description of the parameters.

The link to the driver is in the first message.

These parameters can be viewed in the device manager in the advanced tab for the network controller.

I looked at the Netwtw08.INF configuration file and saw the problem.

You need to look at the parameters: 

BGSCAN_BLOCKING
BGSCAN_BLOCKING_NEVER
BGSCAN_BLOCKING_ON_GOOD_RSSI
BGSCAN_BLOCKING_ALWAYS

The problem will only manifest itself when viewing additional adapter settings in the device manager. When viewing the parameters, there will be an incorrect line feed for BGSCAN_BLOCKING.

For the Turkish language, there are generally two translations in the driver and they will conflict with each other.

The driver developers made this mistake and showed that they are not perfect either, but this should not be the case...

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello EnricoSoldi, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice

Hello!
A week has passed, but there is still no update on the issue.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello imvagsig, I just received an update on this matter.

I will send you an email with all the private details. Please verify your inbox.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos