Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Incorrectly shown version of wireless bluetooth driver

AntonMakarenko
Beginner

Hello,

After upgrading my machine from Windows 10 to Windows 11 Intel Driver & Support Assistant stopped showing the correct version of Wireless Bluetooth Driver. It still downloads the latest version of the dtiver, but it does not recognize its version correctly.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello AntonMakarenko,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

is the driver installation process completed? Do you receive any error messages?

Please create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  

• Download the Intel SSU (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html)

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 

• Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 

• To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AntonMakarenko,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
AntonMakarenko
Beginner

Hello,

Sorry, I was a bit busy lately.

I have installed driver utility from here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html. There were no errors or warnings during and after installation.

Here is the requested report:

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AntonMakarenko,

Thanks for your response.

Looking at the SSU report attached, I notice that it reports that the Bluetooth driver is version 10.0.22000.653. Since both reports (SSU and IDSA) state that the driver version is not the latest, please, try updating the driver 22.160.0 manually.

When the installation wizard starts, it walks you through the following steps:

• On the Welcome page, click Next. This page might appear twice. If it does, click Next again.
  • Read the license agreement, accept it, and click Next.
  • On the Destination Folder page, you can choose a new destination or use the default. The default installation is “C:\Program Files\Intel\Bluetooth.”
  • Click Install to start the installation process. The installation progress displays.
  • When the installation process is complete, click Finish.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
AntonMakarenko
Beginner

Thabk you for the reply. I have installed the driver manually, but got the same results.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AntonMakarenko,

I appreciate your comment.

Based on the screenshot you provided, there is a pop-up message that requests your confirmation stating you have the driver version 22.160.0.4. This driver version is the latest available on our website; you should consider that you installed the Driver package 22.160.0. Depending on your wireless card, it will determine the driver version installed on your system.

Since you have an Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX200 (Gig+), the driver will be shown as 22.160.0.4. You can confirm this information by looking at the driver's website. It is listed on the "Purpose" information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/741441/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
AntonMakarenko
Beginner

Hello and thank you for the reply,

It seems strange that one types of software determine my version as outdated, but installers work correctly. Maybe it is Windows 11 specific issue? Is there a way to bug repiort this? Thsnks for the reply in advance.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AntonMakarenko,

Which applications are reporting the Driver as outdated? Is the Intel® DSA notifying that there is a newer driver?

If the Intel® DSA is reporting your driver as outdated, please, provide me with the following:

• A screenshot of the notification message.
  • The Intel® DSA folders:
    • Open Intel® DSA on the browser of your preference.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Find the Folder Location field.
    • Click on the hyperlink of the location.
    • Select the three folders shown and then, right-click.
    • Click on Send to.
    • Click on the Compressed (zipped) folder.
    • Save it in the desired location.

For more information about the Intel® DSA folders, visit our article with more information about how to get them.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000089850/software/software-applications.html

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
AntonMakarenko
Beginner

Thank you for the reply,

Here is the requested data:

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AntonMakarenko,

Thanks for your response.

To get rid of any possible corrupted driver files. Please, try a clean installation of the Wireless driver. Remember that Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing. To perform the clean installation process, follow these instructions:

• Download and save the driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/741441/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html)

• Disconnect the unit to the internet.

• Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.

1. Go to Device Manager.

2. Expand the Network Adapters category.

3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

4. Make sure the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

• Restart your computer.

• Install the driver downloaded before

Locate the driver you downloaded. Right-click the file you downloaded, and select the option to Run as administrator.

If the issue persists, and the Intel® DSA is still reporting a different driver version, try reinstalling the software:

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AntonMakarenko,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AntonMakarenko,

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos