Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Install Intel Driver on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

carl1304
Beginner

Hello, I've got a DELL Inspiron 5000 (14'') with installed Windows10 and Ubuntu 18.04.3LTS.

Unfortunately Ubuntu can't see my WiFi network interface. So I have to install the driver "Intel® Wireless-AC 9462" for Ubuntu, The web site is: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/network-and-io/wireless-networking.html

The folder of this driver is composed by the following three files:

- iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.ucode

- LICENSE.iwlwifi-9000.ucode

- README.iwlwifi-9000.ucode

Unfortunately the file README is very complicated to understand.

Can you help me with the instructions to install this driver?

Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello carl1304,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you are looking for clarification regarding the information on the README file contained in the iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.618819.0.tgz package. In this case, for questions about Intel® Wi-Fi on Linux, including the concerns about the README file, please send an email to linuxwifi@intel.com.

For more information, please refer to the Linux* Support for Intel® Wireless Adapters and you may also check this further with the Linux distribution forum support, in this case, The UBUNTU® Community*.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos