Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel 7260 AC slow upload speed(download is fine)

EMok
Beginner

Hi Guys

I have the following issue, I have a setup with router AC66u, netgear nas drive, and recently I replaced my wlan card on M15x(win7 64bit) with 7260 AC. When I transfer a file to the NAS i only get around 5MBps, but when I transfer a file from NAS to my PC I can get 35MBps.

Everything works fine under a Ethernet cable.

Just wondering if anyone have the similar issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Turn off any power saving with your laptop. I have the 7260 N and I can transfer 22 MB/s of upload over our university campus. WLan to lan at home is 11 MB/s due to my router`s fast Ethernet.

0 Kudos
José_Andrés
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find out what fixes/enhancements are included with version 17.0.0 of the device driver for the Dual Band AC 7260 wireless adapter. I could not find the information on Intel's site.

Thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Joséandrés, we are aware of your concern, the release notes are not publicly available at this moment but may be in the future. How is this new release working for you so far?

0 Kudos
PLunn
Beginner

I had the newest version of this on a Toshiba laptop and it was still having this slowdown issue. i down graded to the driver on the toshiba website and it seems to be better, but I've only been testing for about an hour. Driver version is 16.1.4.4

Will this ever be fixed, or should I inquire on intel to give me the money back for the 55 new laptops our company purchased that has this issue?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
SPark47
Beginner

Hello Mok,

Were you able to resolve the issue for the slow upload speed on AC 7260?

I am having the exactly same issue and if you can share how you fix that issue, it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks,