Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel 8260 5GHZ regulatory issue! (LAR)

vincentjohnn
Beginner

Hi,I bought an intel 8260NGW from amazon. The problem is that now I can't set the 5ghz hotspot for radio restrictions, as they are set for China! How can I change this (?) beacuse i live in Italy. The problem is this LAR...!

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are you sure that it is genuine Intel, or a clone?   Provide a photo of the card.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
vincentjohnn
Beginner

Yes...its genuine. Also, i tested it thoroughly and everything works fine ... also compatible with linux.

IMG_20220227_153636.jpgIMG_20220227_153640.jpg

0 Kudos
vincentjohnn
Beginner
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello vincentjohnn,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate the information provided. As you mention, it is not possible to open a 5GHz frequency band because all 5Ghz in China SKUs are set to Passive, however, I am currently checking if there is any other option for you.

As soon as I have an update, I will let you know. Feel free to reply if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
vincentjohnn
Beginner

Ok, thanks.... I hope so, otherwise it is unusable for my purpose

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello vincentjohnn,

Please take a look at the following article for Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html)

In this case, this issue could be related to the hardware you are using, for that reason, we recommend you to contact with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (desktop or laptop manufacturer).

Regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
vincentjohnn
Beginner
and how can I do to resolve this situation? This problem has been around for a long time and I'm not the only one with them !! Can you explain to me why you don't act like the other chip manufacturers and let the operating system choose the correct domain!?!?
0 Kudos