Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel 8260 W10 not showing bluetooth device in device manager.

RC155
Beginner

I have checked the BIOS and updated all drivers to the latest versions however, the bluetooth device is not appearing in device manager on my laptop. I have tried with 2 different cards of the same model. I am using a Dell Latitude E5470 laptop and running W10 pro 64 bit. In addition I have also run the intel support application which says all drivers are up-to-date.

Thanks in advance for any support!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RC155, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, keep in mind that, what you are doing is an integration and it is not recommended to do without the authorization of the system manufacturer, which in this case it's Dell*. Please contact them for instructions and authorization to change the wireless adapter of your system, you can find more information in the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RC155
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. I was aware of this and the cards were exactly the same model as is supplied by Dell in their original machine I just had 2 cards from 2 identical machines so swapped them to check if it was a faulty card.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RC155, Thank you for your response. I will need more information of your system, please provide me with an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Also, did both wireless cards work in the other system? Is the problem only happening in the laptop you mentioned in your first post? Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RC155
Beginner

Hi David,

Please find attached the report from the utility. No the bluetooth does not work on my other machine.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RC155, Thank you for your response. I can see that there is no Bluetooth* driver in the report you have attached, I would like to start there, by adding the latest Bluetooth* driver in our download center, please refer to the link below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28267/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=86068 Attempt to run the executable and see if the installation is completed, once done, please restart your computer and when it is back on try to look for the different Bluetooth* devices. I hope this helps. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RC155
Beginner

Hi David,

Oh that's odd. I definitely installed the driver but have tried re-installing / restarting again and sadly have had no success.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RC155, Thank you for your response. I can see that you have re-installed the driver to no avail. What I can recommend you in this case is to update the BIOS of your system. Check with Dell* to see if there is a new BIOS version for your system and if so, please proceed to update it with their assistance. Also, please check for Windows* updates to make sure that the operating system is up to date. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RC155, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. Were you able to check for BIOS or Windows* updates? If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RC155
Beginner

Hi David,

Sorry about the delay. Unfortunately this hasn't fixed it. I've installed all updates and the latest version of the BIOS.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RC155, Thank you for your response. Please follow these steps and let me know the outcome: 1 - Go to the search Windows search bar 2 - Type services 3 - Click Yes at the pop-up window to allow this app to make changes 4 - Locate the Bluetooth Support Service and click on Bluetooth Support Service. 5 - Click Restart at the left top corner Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RC155
Beginner

Hi David,

I've just given that a go but still no success.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RC155, Thank you for your response. This appears to be hardware-related since we have tried drivers and also via Windows* services. Just a question, I want to clarify this before we can continue. You tried 2 different wireless adapters in the system, none of them allowed Bluetooth* to work; however, what about the other system? Is the Bluetooth* working on that one or is the Bluetooth* not working on any system? Let me know please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RC155, Please let me know the answer for the questions above, this way we can have more information. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos