Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

Intel 8265 Bluetooth Troubles

JoshM
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having troubles with the bluetooth functionality of my Intel Wireless 8265 card installed in my 2017 Dell XPS 13 9365. The WiFi portion of the card is functioning perfectly. However, the bluetooth functionality is completely missing. Bluetooth does not appear in the device manager and I'm receiving the unknown usb device (error code 43). I have tried factory resetting windows, resetting bios, updating all drivers, letting laptop battery run out completely, performing a reset of the motherboard (discharging capacitors). I'm running out of options and things to try. I've tried a range of different driver versions. It appears that this is a hardware issue. The annoying thing is that this xps 13 model has a soldered in network card so I cannot replace it without replacing the entire motherboard. Let me know if you have any other suggestions to try. In the meantime, I'll be using a bluetooth dongle.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello JoshM

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. You followed the correct troubleshooting steps that we recommend, if you feel this is a hardware issue it's better to contact the manufacturer directly for warranty or repair options.

If you want us to take a look into the system, please share with us the following:

• Did you reinstall the OS?
  • When did this start?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
    • Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
    • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos