Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel 9260 built in wifi on Aorus X470 Gaming 7

Glam
New Contributor I

I have just purchased a new X470 motherboard that features a built in Intel 9260, but upon installing the drivers I have found that it doesn't work properly. It will work for a split second then cut out, depending on the driver (Intel website or Gigabyte website) will BSOD with irql_not_less_or_equal from netwtw06. The event viewer spews out "network adapter returned a wrong value " then an attempt to reset the adapter. Are the latest drivers not compatible with Ryzen?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Glam
New Contributor I

The official Gigabyte X470 f4e BIOS seems to have solved the wifi issues but I will update if the issues persist after awhile. Just be cautious as the f4e bios also seems to cause memory instability, even with default XMP profiles.

Edit: It does not seem to be the bios, but a Windows Update, however im not sure which.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
37 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Borosenthusiast,

Thanks for posting in our communities.

There are no limitations with the latest Intel drivers for wireless with Ryzen* platforms. Other users have reported that similar issues have been solved after updating the system BIOS.

Please install the the https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-GAMING-7-WIFI-rev-10# support-dl latest BIOS available for your motherboard (F4d). If the issue persists, please check with the board OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) if they there's a beta BIOS version they can share with you. Please let us know the results.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
Glam
New Contributor I

Ive installed F4d, the latest bios revision but no luck, it still resets itself repeatedly, and still blue screens. In addition, Gigabyte seems to not have any X470 beta bios' available at the moment.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Borosenthusiast,

Thanks for taking the time to test our recommendations.

In order to better assist you, we would like to gather more information about your system. To do so, please provide us with the following file as an attachment in your next reply:

- Intel® System Support Utility report.

1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Download the latest Intel® SSU.

2. While connected to your WiFi network, run the scan. Select to include "everything."

3. Name and save the report.

The attach option is located at the lower right of the reply box.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
Glam
New Contributor I

Here is the attached scan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Borosenthusiast,

Thanks for the Intel SSU file.

We noticed there's another wireless adapter installed on your system. For testing purposes, please completely uninstall Linksys WUSB6300* from your system and https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html perform a clean driver installation for your Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 afterwards.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.

0 Kudos
Glam
New Contributor I

I performed a clean install of the drivers and uninstalled the other wireless adapter. The 9260 drivers I installed, one from the Gigabyte website which resulted in a boot blue screen, and the one on the Intel website, which results in no blue screen but a brief period of connectivity before cutting out. Attached is the updated SSU log.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Borosenthusiast,

Thanks for the update. It is good to know the BSOD stopped after installing the latest Intel wireless drivers.

As for connectivity, we would like to check the following:

- Your WLAN Auto-Config log.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.

2. Enter: netsh wlan show wlanreport

3. Go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WlanReport\ locate wlan-report-latest.html

- Your router brand and model.

Additionally, do you have the chance to connect to a different wireless network on this system?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
Glam
New Contributor I

The router is a Hitron CGNM-2250. It seems that the cutting out is due to repeated resets by Windows on the adapter, where after a couple of minutes of failing it will stop and lose connection as I discovered when I tried to connect to an alternate wifi connection.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Borosenthusiast,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

From previous interactions, we've learned that some security software may interfere with wireless connectivity. Just for testing, please disable your antivirus and firewall temporarily and check if the disconnections persist.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
Glam
New Contributor I

Even with the firewall and antivirus off, it still is unable to maintain a connection. As it did previously, it will find available connections, reset multiple times then stop being able to connect or even find available networks entirely.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Borosenthusiast,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to review this thread with a higher tier of support. Please allow us some time while we look into it.

We'll let you know as soon as we have updates.

srg3037 Did you install the latest driver for wireless? BSOD should stop after installing the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005559/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html latest Intel Wireless generic driver.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
RGold3
Beginner

I do have the most recent version off intel's website installed. No BSODs anymore but the same issues original poster has. Gigabyte did just release a new beta bios for this board today (F4E). I'm at work and can't test it. I will report back later.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello srg3037,

Thanks for replying. If you the chance, please test the new beta BIOS and let us know if there are any changes with wireless connectivity.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
Glam
New Contributor I

Hi srg3037, do you happen to have the link for the beta f4e bios? I cant find it anywhere and Gigabyte even removed f4d from their site as well.

0 Kudos
Glam
New Contributor I

I've tested a clean install of the drivers after installing the f4e bios, but the wireless adapter remains non-functional. Did the f4e bios work for you?

0 Kudos
RGold3
Beginner

Have not tried as I'm at work but doubtful it will since it did not for you. I would suggest you put in a support ticket at gigabyte as well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Borosenthusiast,

Thanks for the update.

Please check your private messages.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
RGold3
Beginner

The new BIOS did nothing for me as well. I saw an update was sent by PM to original poster, is there a potential fix?

0 Kudos
Glam
New Contributor I

No, it was just a bug report form.

0 Kudos