Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

Intel 9620 2230 dropping out for several seconds sporadically

JoshWink1
Novice
My intel 9620 2230 card provides good speed most of the time when browsing etc. However, when gaming I notice several second lag spikes every minute or so where the card appears to be sending no data. It appears to just drop out for several seconds before reconnecting or getting back up to speed. There are no issues with the connection itself, have tested that using other devices, I also have the latest drivers installed. Does anyone know what may be the problem and how to fix it?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoshWink1
Novice
I will assume nobody at Intel actually cares about supporting their products then....
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You do realize that Thursday is a holiday in the US, correct?  And, that many employees will also take Friday off as well.

So, rather than an unfounded assumption, just be patient and an intel support engineer will assist you.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, this was announced on the forum home page:

Announcements
Intel Support will be observing the holiday and will return on Monday, November 30th. Thank you!

0 Kudos
JoshWink1
Novice
Funnily enough not everyone with Intel hardware lives in the US.... For such a large company one might assume Intel also have representatives working outside the US. I have looked around these forums a fair amount and have seen your replies to various other posts, so I have absolutely no desire to interact with you any further due to your level of condescension with people who are simply looking for help. Other users have said this to you before, but your winding up of people is not helping anyone, not to mention that it is indirectly giving Intel a bad name.

All I wanted was help for a problem I am encountering with a piece of Intel hardware, not to be spoken down upon by yourself.

If someone wanted to actually help me with my problem, I would be appreciative, I am sure you are aware that fixing such issues can in many cases like my own be time sensitive. Failing that i will simply no longer use Intel products, as simple as that really.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @JoshWink1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. It is worth mentioning that the information provided by @AlHill is correct. There is a public announcement on the Intel Community Home page saying that "Intel Support will be observing the holiday and will return on Monday, November 30th. Thank you!".

https://community.intel.com/

Nevertheless, as an exception, we will start the support process now and we would like to gather the following information in order to assist you better:

1. There is no "Intel Wireless 9620" and based on the screenshot attached we understand you refer to the "Intel® Wireless-AC 9260". Is this correct? Also, is the Wireless adapter the original one that came pre-installed in your system from factory? Or did you install/integrate it on the computer?
  2. When did it start to happen? Did it work fine before? Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Please provide details.
  3. If this worked fine before, do you know if this issue happened after a new Windows update, hardware/software change or update, or after a Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?
  4. Just to make sure, is the issue only happening when gaming? If yes, could you please provide more details? For instance, what are the games experiencing the issue? gaming platform used? etc.
  5. If your system has a LAN Ethernet port, have you tested if the behavior is the same when using Ethernet cable? (Wired connection).
  6. When the behavior occurs, do you see any "disconnection message" or any other error message? Perhaps in Windows® Notification Area?
  7. For reference purposes, please provide details/examples of the "other devices" that you have tested?
  8. Router/Access point brand and model:

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JoshWink1
Novice
Andrew, I appreciate your response. I do not doubt that what he said is correct, that is not the issue here. The issue is that this super user does not communicate in a way that actually resolves any problems, he instead treats people with a lack of dignity and respect. Looking around the forums I am certainly not the only user to think this... As I said the matter was urgent so I have had to spend countless hours already on this problem and have fixed it myself.
All the staff here seem to find enjoyment telling people their mistakes and berating them for it, yes I made a typo but you can see from my image clearly what I am discussing, so why point it out and make a statement? That's just unprofessional. Whilst I understand that in the US this period is a holiday, I would like to imagine a company as large as Intel might have forum staff or troubleshooting services available from across the globe, as does any other multinational. Whilst my problem is resolved I will be staying away from any devices using Intel hardware, due to lack of support and due to their reliance on a cyber bully to run the forum, who does nothing but try to illicit tempered responses from people in distress. Intel should be doing better, not just on the forum but in the production of their hardware so that issues like the ones I see reported here are not so common.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @JoshWink1

Thank you very much for your response. Your feedback is really appreciated.

We are glad to know that you were able to find a fix to solve this problem. Also, we would like to inform you that we have additional channels for assistance where we can provide live support and we can even offer you remote assistance.

Here is the contact us link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@11

Please click on "Intel® Wireless Networking", scroll down and you should see contact information for Live Chat and Phone support. We hope this helps for future (urgent) cases.

If you have additional inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Note:

The Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 is part of the Intel® Wireless 9000 Series, there are similar models as the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 and we have seen scenarios where customers may have several systems with different wireless of the Intel® Wireless 9000 Series, so we just wanted to make sure that we will provide you with support for the proper product.

For us, it is very important to have the proper information in order to provide the most accurate information. Our goal was to confirm the product model. We do apologize if this was taken misunderstood, it was just to clarify product information.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @JoshWink1

We will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos