Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

Intel AC 3165 driver error/disapeared

InfoPD
Beginner

Hi there.

Two weeks ago, after a Windows Update, my wireless AC 3165 adapter began to have serious problems:

For example:

1. Lost Internet connection and then re connect, but manually. No other device on the same network had this problem.

2. I upgraded the driver to last version: 19.51.36.1 (05/10/2021) from the oficial website of Intel, and then of reboot, the driver disapear.... very strange..! Try to find from Device Managment and the autodetect tool but never could find it...

I have a Lenovo Ideapad V330 - 15IKB and always worked fine, but after this **bleep**ing Windows patch the problems began ...

I tried to do a Network Reset to fix the problem but after that reset still happening the same problems.. the adapter lost the connection to internet o directly disappear..

Please, If someone can help me I would be great!

Thanks in advance people!

Regards.

PD.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Try to restore your system to the configuration before driver update using Restore Point:

1. Open Windows Settings  System > About 

2. On Advanced system settings (on R.H. side)

3. Click on System Protection tab.

4. Click on System Restore

5. Click on Next to start restore from the recommended restore point or check "Choose different restore point" and select the restore point you need.

Laptop OEM tends to customize Intel drivers. So, update the WiFi Driver by the driver downloaded from the Lenovo site

Leon

ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Of course that's assuming you had System Protection turned on to create restore points.  That should have been the factory default setting if you didn't change it ... here's hoping!

0 Kudos
InfoPD
Beginner

Hi there,

Thanks for your answer, but Im thinking If I restore the PC, in some moment the same Windows patch will be installed on my laptop, so the problem will back again.

I will try to install the driver from Lenovo official website and looks what happen.

I think I tried before but I will test again, maybe Lenovo made a change...

Thanks in advance.

InfoPD

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Yes, but if there's a problem with the update, eventually Windows will fix it.  A lot of times they will get complaints and then go back and fix it after a few days.  That's why it's a good idea not to install the updates right away ... usually!

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Actually, Windows sells more Windows 10 Pro just because people want the ability to prevent automatic updates.  Microsoft has a great business going!

0 Kudos