Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel AC 7260 HMWWB Installation\operation problems : Acer Aspire 5755-9674

OPavu
Beginner

Hello.

I have a problem correctly installing and running the adapter.

The installation goes well, and the card functions ok, but when it's in the laptop, it creates problems as such:

1. BIOS is slow. It takes from 2 to 5 seconds to respond on commands (even left or right arrow command).

2. Windows boot screen freezes for 15-20 seconds (no animation at all, then, after 20 sec the 4 lights start moving, and Windows boots).

3. Windows shows transmit speeds incorrectly: instead of 5 MBps - 15-20. (Server laptop is able to operate only up to 5 MB speeds).

Chipset is Intel Cougar Point HM65. BIOS is the last version provided by ACER. Chipset driver is up to date too.

OS is Windows 7 64bit.

I've tested all my hardware (CPU, RAM, HDD, SSD), all of which works fine.

Also I have an Intel 6205 WIFI adapter (native) which works PERFECTLY too. (in this case, - no A,B,C problems described before)

Please help find the solution.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

WiFi card is incompatible with your BIOS resulting to erratic behavior with Windows.

OPavu
Beginner

The laptop is only 2 years old. How come it accepts 6205 and doesn't 7260 if both have the same form factor?

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

7260 is meant for Haswell chipsets while 6205 is meant for Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge chipsets. On some laptops, the 7260 works with those earlier chipsets but also comes with WiFi disconnections, ping spikes, not working after sleep, etc. problems. I suggest to just get the Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac (same form factor and features such as AC 866.7 Mbps + Bluetooth 4.0) which doesn't rely as much as Intel much on chipset platform. Remember you have an option if one brand doesn't work well on your laptop.

0 Kudos