We are developing wireless video streaming connection app by using Intel AC 7260 as soft AP. Avoid too many wifi connections, we set the max number of clients of AP is 7. Once its client number is 7 (max number), and the 8th device try to connect it by send NDIS direct oid request (oid_dot11_incoming_association_decision), BSOD happens.BSOD dump files show that Intel wireless driver caused BSOD.
Hi jiuxiang, I have some questions:
- What is your operating system and driver version?
- How are you implementing the soft AP? Are you using a third party application for this?
- Can you provide more details about the Blue Screen of Death, such as a dump file?
The answers are as follows:
- Windows 8.1 and driver version is 184.108.40.206
- using cmd "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" and Wlan hosted network API "WlanHostedNetworkStartUsing" to start soft AP
- https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgs6axwvhgl65oh/011315-16203-01.dmp?dl=0 Dropbox - 011315-16203-01.dmp
You may try the following in CMD:
- Run sfc /scannow http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
- Netsh int ip reset http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357 How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
Does the issue occur if running a different driver version? Like the Microsoft* inbox driver?