Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7455 Discussions

Intel AC 9260 Bluetooth fails after restart!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an AC 9260 installed and WiFi works well but there is an issue with Bluetooth.

The WiFi Driver is version 22.90.0.5 and Bluetooth is version 22.90.0.4, both updated through Intel Driver & Support Assistant verion 21.7.50.3.

I have Intel Wireless Bluetooth software installed version 22.90.2.1.

I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1415 so you can see that everything is at the latest level.

The problem with Bluetooth occurs when I restart or shut down/reboot my laptop.

When I select the option to start Bluetooth, it fails and the Bluetooth device status in Device Manager states that "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

An Error is created in the Event Viewer, Event ID 17 is created for Source BTHUSB and states that "The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded." (picture WIFI_BT 3 attached)

When I checked the Event Viewer, I also noticed a Warning, Event ID 3 for source BTHUSB and states that "A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond." (picture WIFI_BT Event 3 attached.)

If I run the Repair optin on the Intel Wireless Bluetooth software, it correct the problem and everything is back to normal.

Only when I then restart or shut down/reboot my laptop and start Bluetooth does the problem happen again.

Any suggestions/information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Vale46, 

I understand that DELL has validated this Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 as a usable device on this laptop, however, I strongly recommend working directly with Dell support as they are the ones that validate this integration.

However, bear in mind that it may not work due to hardware or software compatibility issues or dependencies. You can check more details in the following article:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I suggested before, Intel have become just like Microsoft, they do as little to help customers as possible...congratulations Intel !!!

Firstly, I did NOT say that Dell had validated the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 as a usable device on my laptop, so I suggest you READ the posts or get someone who can interpret and understand them correctly to read them!

If you had read the posts, you would know that I cannot work directly with Dell as my warranty has expired, like many others on the community forums and Dell, just like Intel, do nothing to help customers after the warranty expires, although as I have just bought my Intel AC 9260 card a few months ago, it is still within Intel warranty and do not appreciate your lack of help !!!!

I have been helped by the Dell and Intel community who are people just like me who have problems with hardware/software and as the big corporate companies fail to give any kind of assistance, their help and information is invaluable.

I have had more help and assistance from these communties than from you and you are the manufacturer, in fact I have wasted more time correcting your replies due to your incorrect understanding of the situation so I am verry happy for Intel to stop monitoring this thread as I do NOT expect any helpful information from you!

0 Kudos